Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Geek Hand Signs

Recently, I was talking with Scillius Maximus about bloggy type stuff, and about the Semi Secret Order of the Blog Ninja and schtuff. And he says all of us Semi Secret Order types should have a hand sign. So like if you were at SCBWI, and you didn't know anybody, you could flash the hand sign and immediately a bunch of other Semi Secret people would flock to you out of shadowy corners. Which would be really cool.

I've been thinking about this ever since. And this morning, I Googled "geek hand signs." And all I found was this:

Yo.


Don't get me wrong. This is cool and all, but I think it's totally unfair that computer geeks get gang signs (and a t-shirt!) and the rest of us geeks are totally unrepresented.

But then I thought, "Hey, maybe all is not lost. Maybe there ARE other signs, and my Google-Fu is to blame." So I Googled "zombie hand signs."

Apparently, if you want to flash a zombie hand sign, you first have to tunnel underground. Not exactly user friendly.


Then I figured maybe I should go for something a little more mainstream. Vampires have got to have some good hand signs, right? And I got this.

Now you know, people. The vampires aren't the sparkly ones. They're the guys with clay gargoyles on their palms.


Disclaimer: I know this is a Vampire Hunter D reference. I have not lost any Geek Credits in the writing of this blog.

I should also mention that when I Googled "vampire hand signs," I got a picture of the pope.

And then when I Googled "merpire hand signs"? I got THIS.



It's true. You can try it yourself. And I'm speechless.

7 comments:

Candyland said...

Hahaha. Oh, Richard...

Matthew MacNish said...

God this is good. Left me in stitches. What the hell's a merpire?

storyqueen said...

I think the handsign should be that thing that Richard is doing....whatever that is.

Mary Witzl said...

I'd never be able to remember all those hand signs. But I'm confident that I've got the posture down pat.

lulilut said...

You just never know where Richard will show up next. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTxkxG3DF4k

Carolyn V. said...

LOL! Richard just seems to scare me a little more each day. =)

Jamie Eyberg said...

For the life of me I cannot find shorts like that.