Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Very Serious Television Commentary
Have you seen the commercials for that 'HawthoRNe' show on TNT? I'm talking about the one with Jada Pinkett Smith, where she stands pensively beside a bedside one moment and then gets arrested the next. And as they drag her down the hallway, she keeps screaming, "I'm a nurse! I'm a NURSE!!!"
Which is all very realistic. Trust me. My husband is a doctor; I know these things.
Anyway, every time the commercial comes on, Slayer says that he doesn't read it as the name 'Hawthorne,' but as...
Wait for it.
'Hot Ho RN.'
Personally, I think this is a little wishful thinking on his part. We have a standing deal that when we both get old, he'll be allowed to have a cute young nurse, and I'll be allowed to have a cute young poolboy. Apparently, his nurse will be named Hot Ho RN.
My poolboy is feeling neglected. I didn't realize I was supposed to give him a cutesy nickname. Why don't people tell me these things? And does the nickname need to follow the 'Hot Ho RN' formula? Because if it does, my poolboy will be named 'Hot Stud PB,' which sounds like a very inappropriate circus act involving cowboys and peanut butter. And what kind of applicants do you think I'm going to get if I advertise on Craigslist for a Hot Stud PB?
Scary. Scary, scary, scary.
- Carrie Harris
- I like writing books, playing games, fighting evil, and cooking (everyone's got to have hobbies). My YA zombie comedy, BAD TASTE IN BOYS, is available from Delacorte Press right now! The next Kate Grable adventure, BAD HAIR DAY, will be available November 2012. Which is la awesome.
My books on Goodreads!
Carrie Harris's books on Goodreads
- ► 2013 (22)
- ► 2012 (54)
- ► 2011 (159)
- ► 2010 (228)
- No More Answers
- Let There Be Answers
- More Answers, of the Answery Sort
- Things That Make Me Snarf - The Zombeatles
- Answers with Zombies
- The Sequel Secret
- The Fancy Nickname Formula
- Trivial Pursuit at the Harris House
- Things That Make Me Snarf - Star Wars Dance Off
- Marry, Date, or Kill - The LOTR Edition
- Query Ninja - The Werezom
- Haikus and My Important Research Project
- Very Serious Television Commentary
- Things That Make Me Snarf - Everybody to the Limit...
- What I Did on My Summer Vacation
- Things That Make Me Snarf - Soylent Green
- Things That Make Me Snarf - The Red Button
- Twilight Parody - Beware the Scout with the Afro
- White Rabbit Time
- Vacation, All I Ever Wanted
- ▼ July (20)