Friday, January 22, 2010

WTF Friday - Now with Poop

The other night, I stayed out way too late with my favorite Spice Girl, i.e. my best friend. And eventually, we started talking about how we'd love to take another vacation together. Which is dangerous.

We went to Mexico once, and one night we decided to check out the band at the salsa club. I love salsa, and I've never been salsa dancing, so when a pair of guys asked us to dance, we said very clearly that we weren't there to pick anyone up, but if they just wanted to dance, we would love to.

Yeah, that worked real well.

We danced for a while and eventually decided to head back to our hotel. The guys offered us a ride; we said no. So you can imagine our surprise when they pulled up outside our hotel just as we were walking up.

"Can we come in?" they said.

"BLEEP no!" said we.

"But please," said one. "I have to POOP."

Needless to say, we did not let them in to our room. And we had the giggles for about six hours. To this day, you can say, "I have to POOP" to either of us, and we'll laugh uproariously.

In other news, I think this is awesome. Nothing like a knitted dissection to up one's happiness quotient.

17 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

But what if he REALLY had to go?

K.C. Shaw said...

Worst pickup line ever. :)

Kelly Polark said...

Yay for best friend and girl time! I had lunch with my BFF yesterday and we were planning a girls trip for next year too. I have a few college stories about gross stuff that she would kill me if I ever mentioned on the blog!
So that guy must have danced til he was pooped!

BK Mattingly said...

Well, that was unexpected. :D I'm hoping to take a vacation with my best friend in the next couple years. I'm sure we'll have a blast.

Andrea Cremer said...

That's awesome.

And yeah, the knitters on Etsy have been kind of shocking me with their projects. In a good way, but still shocking.

Jonathon Arntson said...

Um...yeah. I definitely like the knitted Bio projects!

Candice said...

What a coincidence. I too have been salsa dancing in Mexico (several times while I lived there), and I posted about poo on my blog today too! Who knew we had so much in common.

Carolyn V. said...

Haa haa haa. That is a hoot! I have to poop. lol.

Mariah Irvin said...

Ewww!

Elana Johnson said...

Ha ha! Like he couldn't find somewhere else for that. Great story!

Ed & Jeanne said...

If only you could have whipped out a copy of the "Everyone Poops" book to give to him...

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Now that's just plain weird! I agree with K.C.'s comment. :-)

Anonymous said...

Kermit's autopsy?

Paul Michael Murphy said...

Resting his hopes on the likelihood that one of the two of you were part of the six percent of American women who are into scat does seem sort of foolish.

In hindsight.

K. M. Walton said...

I swear, Carrie Harris, you have the best memory on the planet and I always enjoy reading your funny memories. Always.

p.s. bought my train ticket to NYC yesterday!!!!

Nadine said...

LOLOLOL - This cracked me up!!

Anonymous said...

Surprisingly not the worst pick-up line Carrie ever heard. That had something to do with her booty moves and them making a guy want to do something horrible to a bunny!