Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Premature Brow Termination

Remember how I said it was BBC week? Well, I've already won the coveted first place slot on Google, so it seems silly to continue the quest to prove my Batman eyebrow superiority. And in case you hadn't noticed, I'm also a recognized authority on Teletubby eyebrows as well. Out of over 14,000 hits, mine is the best.

You hear me? THE BEST. Bow down before my veritable vault of Teletubby eyebrow knowledge!

Anyway, since I no longer need to lobby for the attention of the Powers That Be at Google, I've decided to quit campaigning and move on to our regularly scheduled nonsense. But before I do that, I have to leave you with a couple more tidbits that I found while searching the web for Batbrow fabulousness.

First, if you type "Batman eyebrows" into Google and click "I'm feeling lucky," you are now directed to The Wonder That Is My Blog. But before BBC week, you got this. And my response to this poem can be simply stated in three little letters: WTF?!?!

And, lest we forget the wonder that is the brow of the bat, let me prematurely terminate BBC week with a song, sung to the tune of "My Favorite Things."

Well-tended arches, those eyebrows on Keaton
Glower at bad guys 'til they know they're beaten
Don't overpluck them, you'll look like a freak
Just talk to me I'm a big eyebrow geek

Pencils and tweezers and magnified mirrors
Help protect all of us unibrow fearers
All those stray hairs will make everyone shriek
Just talk to me I'm a big eyebrow geek

I get mine done
Wax makes me itch
Then I'm feeling sad
But I simply remember I'm the Batbrow b*tch
And then I don't feel so bad

14 comments:

K.C. Shaw said...

Now I have that song in my head. With new words! Forever!

Aaron Polson said...

Huzzah! Top of the heap for Batman eyebrows. This is really a good lesson on how to use the interweb (for nefarious purposes). :)

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Your lyrics are MUCH better than that WTF poem. Seriously, what WAS that??? (shudders down my spine)

Once again, you have made me laugh in these morning hours - a difficult thing to accomplish much days. So happy I found your blog.

But I'm also happy to see BBC go. I'm interested in what other fun nonsensical silly stuff you come up with to make me snarf.

That's my new favorite word, by the way.

Carrie Harris said...

KC: All a part of my nefarious plot. Um... yeah. :)

Aaron: See the comment to KC. Now if only I knew what the nefarious plot really WAS.

Glamis: Yeah, it read kind of pervy, didn't it? And I'm glad to hear that you appreciate the snarfage. Maybe THAT's my nefarious plot. To promote the snarf.

Still not good enough, I think.

Fox Lee said...

Have you given into temptation yet and looked up face reading?

Adrienne said...

Still laughing at the name of the site where you found the first poem...that says it all.

Carrie Harris said...

Natalie: Yep. I'm intense. :) Or so says my eyebrows.

Adrienne: Yes, at least the poor guy has found his rightful home, eh?

Kelly Polark said...

Ha! Ha! I googled batman eyebrows and here you are! Congrats! You certainly know how to make things happen!:0)

Kelly Polark said...

Yes, me still commenting. The original poem makes me giggle as much as yours!
And I do have to agree with the poet, Michael Keaton's brows are a pluck above the rest!

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

Oh, the link to that poem was terrible, but then again what else can be expected of something posted on "pathetic.org"? Glad to know the bat brow campaign was a success.

Brenda said...

talent, talent, talent...I bow down to your talent...grin..

Ray Veen said...

So how much does the 'Batman Eybrow Empress' thing pay?

Google pays you right?

Carrie Harris said...

Kelly: I'm persistent. You've got to give me that. :)

Kate: Yes, at least they accurately label the patheticness, right?

Brenda: Talent? I'm not sure how I could use it, but okay. Maybe I could write some twisted greeting cards? Snarf.

V: Nope. Those cheap bastards.

sruble said...

Ha, love your song!