Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Things That Make Me Snarf - Batman Eyebrows

So Tiny T was kind enough to let me know that I have achieved the impossible. Google now recognizes my Batbrow expertise. I'm number one, bay-bee! First stop: Batbrow domination. Next stop: the White House. Because really, when they elect a comedian to the presidency in the movies, it always works out so well. You'd vote for me, wouldn't you?

And now, on to the eyebrowness. Because I owe you answers to the quiz from yesterday. Of course if you moused over the images, you'd see the answers anyway. Come on, people. If you're not cheating, you're not trying. And if you get caught, you're not trying hard enough.

Anyway. Answers.

Eyebrow numero uno was Jack Nicholson. Because really, the man's eyebrows weird me out. It's like three fairies and the devil were in attendance at his birth, and the first fairy gave him a cool voice, and the second fairy gave him some mighty good acting chops, and the third fairy gave him the confidence necessary to wear sunglasses inside the house all the time. And the devil gave him eyebrows.

Eyebrow numero dos was Legolas. Notice their prettiness. Mmmmm.

Eyebrow numero tres was the Mona Lisa. Or me, according to Cate, who is now officially my new best friend. Although the more that I think about it, Mona Lisa doesn't really have eyebrows, so what's Cate trying to imply here? Have my brows gone missing? Was I a victim of a pluck and run and didn't even notice? EEEK!

Ahem. Feeling better now. Checked a mirror.

Eyebrow numero quatro was Aragorn. I assure you that no scruff was harmed in the taking of this picture.

Eyebrow numero cinco was indeed Frida Kahlo and her unibrow. Because really, when you're talking famous eyebrows, Frida is a close second to Batman.

Eyebrow numero seis was of course Batman. Michael Keaton version. Because it wouldn't be BBC week without the Batman eyebrows.

And that's it for the quiz. I spent a while trying to find a picture of the Teletubbies eyebrows, but I couldn't find a picture that was big enough. Too bad, really. It's a pain in my laa-laa.

And with that, I leave you with the thing that makes me snarf. I would comment, but really, it's not necessary. And I can't type for all the giggling.

23 comments:

Unknown said...

That guy is wearing an ATI tee shirt.

He probably got bored waiting for his graphics card to install and started playing with his webcam. :)

K. M. Walton said...

All hail the mighty eyebrow!

Chant with me...B...B...C!!

B...B...C!!

Thanks for always making me laugh...I mean snarf.

Keri Mikulski said...

LOL. :)

Tiny T said...

Because I'm silly like this, I searched for "teletubby eyebrows" to see if I could find a picture of them for you to use and low and behold..... drum roll please.... you are NUMBER ONE in the google search!!! SNARF!

Carrie Harris said...

Jeremy: I'm glad. Because if he hadn't, I would be disco browless. And that would be a tragedy.

KM: Oh! Oh! I need a BBC theme song! I'm so glad you reminded me of this.

Keri: Thanks. :)

Tiny T: No way! The saddest thing about this is that you get 14,400 hits when you search for that phrase. LOL

SlayerOfBees said...

You could use the "BBC" song from the end of the original Austin Powers! That also gives you a chance to revisit the dance from that cruise you went on! Why am I using so many exclamation points?! I guess I need to decaffienate!

Jamie Eyberg said...

they were like spastic caterpillars on his face. Kinda' weirded me out.

Scillius Maximus said...

I'm 4 for 6

What does that say about me?

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Wow, all this eyebrow talk has me running to the mirror with my tweezers. I was cursed with bad eyebrows - it takes great intervention to keep myself from being humiliated on a daily basis.

Congrats on the first spot! I googled it myself and there you were in all your glory!

Just watched "A Few Good Men" last night - yeah, Jack Nicholson's eyebrows are freaky - but a trademark of who he is, for sure.

Ray Veen said...

Um, I can't think of anything eyebrow-related to say... can I still comment?

Cate Gardner said...

Does that make me Robin????

Carrie Harris said...

Slayer: You know, I was actually thinking about choosing that song as my campaign anthem, but apparently I don't need one. I win on brow expertise alone.

Jamie: Yes, but they were spastic caterpillars with RHYTHM. :)

Skilli: That all depends on which ones you missed. Snarf.

Glamis: Yeah, I've got eyebrows that need attention too. I remember one time when I actually got them done, which pretty much never happens because of the aforementioned wax allergy, and people were complimenting me on them. One of my employees told me I had Hollywood eyebrows. I'm still not sure what that meant.

V: Oh yes. Random adoring comments are always welcome. ;)

Cate: Absolutely! You wanna be? Of course, you need to have Robin eyebrows for that.

K.C. Shaw said...

I googled Batman eyebrows at work yesterday and was proud to see you'd made it to the top of the heap of Batman eyebrows.

Do you suppose anyone who tracks these things has noticed the huge spike in people Googling "Batman eyebrows"?

Adrienne said...

I'm more eyebrow challenged than I thought!
There's a video for everything, apparently.

Stephanie Perkins said...

WOO HOO! You're number one! You're number one! You're number one!

Congratulations, indeed. So awesome.

sruble said...

Congratulations for making your Batbrow goal. THe eyebrow video guy is weird. Not necessarily a bad thing, I'm just sayin' freaky-weird.

Carrie Harris said...

KC: I kind of hope someone at Google will notice. Because the idea makes me laugh.

Adrienne: It's harder than it seems, isn't it? I was looking for recognizable eyebrows and quickly realized that there aren't many out there!

Stephanie: No applause, just throw money. ;)

sruble: I think that's part of his allure. That and he never actually changes expression. Snarf.

Brenda said...

Congrats on being #1...I knew you could do it!

LauraBlue said...

I'm bad at eyebrow identification. I got Mona Lisa, but to be honest that may have only been because I could tell it was a painting. XD

I'm disappointed I didn't at least get Aragorn. As many times as I've drooled over him, you'd think I'd get it. Guess I wasn't paying attention to the eyebrows. lol

Michael said...

You just reminded me. I need to trim my eyebrows tonight. Thanks.

http://fiftiesnostalgia.blogspot.com

Erin Maher said...

It's interesting how stimulating eyebrows are for conversation. I went and got mine done last night, and the girl spilled wax over my eye. The saddest part was, I wasn't even that surprised since I seem to be a magnet for things like this.

Like the time the dentist punched me in the jaw while simultaneously reaching for a utensil and getting distracted by Jamie Olliver on the t.v.

Or when the nurse broke a needle off in my arm during my grade 9 hepatitis shot.

Congrats on your slow-and-steady good domination.

Carrie Harris said...

Brenda: Has anyone ever told you how NICE you are? You're one of the nicest people I "know." I put that in quotes because it's the Internet and I don't want you to think that I'm stalking you. :)

Laura: Aw, come on. You know Aragorn's attractiveness is deeply rooted in his eyebrows. Hey. Stop laughing. LOL

Michael: I'm happy to be of service!

Erin: Yow! Some sympathetic winces from me to you.

TerriRainer said...

OMG! That guy could be my son in another twenty years!

He practices his "eyebrow moves" using the visor in my car!

I even caught him SHAVING betweem them a while back. He claimed he didn't want a uni-brow.

I told him what any good Mom would...PLUCK BABY, PLUCK!

:) Terri