I'm taking on the 2010 Debut Author Challenge, because I am kewl. The rules are so simple that even I can follow them: Read at least 12 books by debut authors in 2010. The best part? It's an excuse to get books.
I'm sorry in advance, Slayer.
It's going to be easy, though, because the debut awesomeness is plentiful. Here's what's on my list so far:
- The Absolute Value of -1 by Steve Brezenoff
- Tortilla Sun by Jennifer Cervantes
- Wolves, Boys, and Other Things That Might Kill Me by Kristen Chandler
- Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
- Everlasting by Angie Frazier
- Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
- Guardian of the Dead by Karen Healey
- The Deathday Letter by Shaun Hutchinson
- Harmonic Feedback by Tara Kelly
- The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
- Other by Karen Kincy
- The Witch’s Alphabet by Caitlin Kittredge
- Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt
- Anna and the Boy Masterpiece by Stephanie Perkins
- Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Have I missed anything that you think is a must read?
In other news, I'm so far behind on haiku reviews that I've lost track entirely. But here are a few things that I've read lately that you might like if you're looking for something new and awesome:
Devil's Kiss by Sarwat Chadda
Add one girl Templar,
Fallen angels, cute boys,
And stir. Result? WOOT!
The Dreaming Volumes 1-3 by Queenie Chan
A quick read graphic
novel, bursting with cool
Scepter of the Ancients/Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy
I am now in love
with a sarcastic, gutsy