Anyway. For all you new people (Hi again! I was kidding about the webcam thing, 'kay?), I'd like to tell you about the Year of Give Backery. See, last year was very good for me. Sold first book, blazingly happy in general...essentially I've become one of those really annoying happy people. Sometimes I have to resist the urge to punch myself.
But in an effort to spread the love, I started running a contest each month. Yay contest! I kinda missed May, so this month I'll be giving out TWO prezzies. Whee!
What do you need to do? Simplemente. We're making up pretend sequel titles, and the sillier the better. For example, there's the little-known sequel to THIRTEEN REASONS WHY: Another Tearjerker That Will Destroy the Rainforests but Raise Kleenex Stock. Tell me the book you're sequeling and the sequel title. Leave it in the comments. Go you!
The contest will close Sunday, June 6th at noon EST, and I'll post the winners on Monday. I'll give one prize away to the person who makes me laugh the hardest. The other prize will be TOTALLY RANDOM. Feel free to enter as many titles as you want.
So what's the prize? I'm giving away an hour of my time to each lucky winner. In an hour, I can do a lot of different things, like:
- Critique 10 pages of your WIP.
- Go through two rounds of revisions on a query letter.
- Brainstorm with you on a new project.
- Talk to you about having a writing career.
- Send you 50 weird YouTube videos.
- Discuss zombocalypse survival methods.
- SOMETHING ELSE OF YOUR CHOOSING (subject to approval, of course, because I don't feel like getting arrested).
Have I forgotten anything rulesy? Let me know. Otherwise, get cracking with those little-known sequels!