Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Things That Make Me Snarf - Wolverine in 30 Seconds

Here it is, the new Wolverine film in 30 seconds. And don't worry; there aren't any spoilers if you haven't seen it yet.



In other news, I shall indeed do a Query Ninja clinic. And in the interest of protecting your fabulous ideas, I shall replace every proper noun in your query. Which does indeed mean that your chick lit book about a girl finding love at a coffee shop could end up being a book about a ninja finding Richard Simmons at Denny's. Any valiant takers can email me to discuss how it would work, because I don't exactly know yet.

Looking for something to read? Try one of these babies on for size, complete with haiku reviews.

The Forest of Hands and Teeth
Some awesome zombies
Awesomely being awesome
And it's so awesome

In case you can't tell, I loved it. I don't care if you read YA or not, this is one awesome zombie book. It gets a big ol' star from me.

Dust of 100 Dogs
Reincarnated
Dog-slash-pirate goes hunting
To get fun booty

Dark Moon Defender
It's comfort reading
A known quantity; bring on
Another sequel

Silver Phoenix
Classic adventure
Meets mondo cool Asian myth
That makes me hungry

Legacies
Embarrassed to say
That I'm a big sci-fi geek
But have not read this

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side
He may not sparkle
But Lucius is a total
Merpire in training

14 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

I saw that video yesterday and it is pure fun. Loved it.

Keri Mikulski said...

Love your haiku reviews!! :)

C.R. Evers said...

ummmmm . . . I don't know, but I personally feel that the Wolverine clip just spoiled the whole movie for me. I feel like I know EVERYTHING that's going to happen now. ;0D

The haiku reviews are pure genius. I'm inspired.

Aaron Polson said...

No spoilers? I'm with C.R. I think I've just seen the whole movie.

(sigh)

(love your use of "awesome" in that haiku)

PJ Hoover said...

Love the video! We watched X-Men 1 and 2 this past weekend. 3 soon. Then I can head to the theater. Because Wolverine rocks!
And yes on FOHAT!

Fox Lee said...

Hot.

Natalie Whipple said...

What? Wolverine has anger issues? That was a total spoiler! Here I assumed he'd be all, uh, kitten-like.

Lovely haiku reviews as usual.

Traci said...

Great video!! I'm not so much a fan of X-Men...I like chick flicks. :-D I do;however, want to read Forrest of Hands and Teeth!!! People are raving about that book. I must get it this weekend.

Elana Johnson said...

Waaahh! I can't watch Youtube at school! :(( But I adored FHT myself. It is made of zombie awesome! Woot!

Mariah Irvin said...

Great video.

My book would definitely be funnier if you replaced all the nouns...

Unknown said...

Maybe Wolverine needs to cut back on the Flax cereal. I think that would make me scream.
Love your reviews.

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

That video is too funny!!!!!!

Stephanie Perkins said...

I. Love. This.

Thanks for sharing!!

Barry Napier said...

Thanks for saving me the hassle of going to see that movie.