Now. On to some slightly more serious stuff. Yesterday was one of those really difficult days where my husband had to have The Talk with a family at the hospital. Those days make you want to hug and kiss your kids and thank whatever deity you happen to believe in that you've been so lucky. On the other? You kind of want to shake your fist at the sky and demand an explanation that makes sense.
There's nothing that will make this okay, but I really want to put lots of books in these kids' hands and give them a smile or two and a few moments of escape. If you've got a minute, please place a bid, make a donation, or sign up for the grand prizes! There's a kindle and a six month writing mentorship up for grabs!
And if all those items are way too much to go through, here are some features! All are going for less than retail value, and they're just plain awesome.
- Signed copies of the NYT bestselling picture book THE POUT-POUT FISH and THE POUT-POUT FISH IN THE BIG-BIG DARK by Michigan writer Debbie Diesen! (I secretly love these picture books and am always putting them on the top of the stack and then asking my kids to "choose.")
- Signed copies of middle grade novels ZOMBIES FOR LUNCH and MIKE STELLAR: NERVES OF STEEL by KA Holt! (A zombie haiku book for kids--the concept alone cracks me up.)
- A signed copy of young adult novel THE YEAR WE WERE FAMOUS by Carole Etsby Dagg! (Adventure! Floods! Historical figures! Bloomers!)
- An audio book of EDGES by Lena Roy! (This edgy contemporary YA is FABULOUS, and I'm not just saying that because Lena's Madeline L'Engle's granddaughter and kind of makes me fangirl.)
- A 100 page critique from editor Tracy Marchini, plus a copy of her book PUB SPEAK!