Friday, July 15, 2011

Dirty Dancing lolzombie...and a serious note

Today's musical lolzombie is from Dirty Dancing, and it's probably my favorite. I also think the zombies put a new twist on that song they sing at the end of the movie about joining hands and hearts and voices.


Now. On to some slightly more serious stuff. Yesterday was one of those really difficult days where my husband had to have The Talk with a family at the hospital. Those days make you want to hug and kiss your kids and thank whatever deity you happen to believe in that you've been so lucky. On the other? You kind of want to shake your fist at the sky and demand an explanation that makes sense.

There's nothing that will make this okay, but I really want to put lots of books in these kids' hands and give them a smile or two and a few moments of escape. If you've got a minute, please place a bid, make a donation, or sign up for the grand prizes! There's a kindle and a six month writing mentorship up for grabs!

And if all those items are way too much to go through, here are some features! All are going for less than retail value, and they're just plain awesome.
  • Signed copies of the NYT bestselling picture book THE POUT-POUT FISH and THE POUT-POUT FISH IN THE BIG-BIG DARK by Michigan writer Debbie Diesen! (I secretly love these picture books and am always putting them on the top of the stack and then asking my kids to "choose.")
  • Signed copies of middle grade novels ZOMBIES FOR LUNCH and MIKE STELLAR: NERVES OF STEEL by KA Holt! (A zombie haiku book for kids--the concept alone cracks me up.)
  • A signed copy of young adult novel THE YEAR WE WERE FAMOUS by Carole Etsby Dagg! (Adventure! Floods! Historical figures! Bloomers!)
  • An audio book of EDGES by Lena Roy! (This edgy contemporary YA is FABULOUS, and I'm not just saying that because Lena's Madeline L'Engle's granddaughter and kind of makes me fangirl.)
  • A 100 page critique from editor Tracy Marchini, plus a copy of her book PUB SPEAK!
And thanks again for all your support! The word's still spreading...and I'd really REALLY appreciate anything you can do to help get it out there!

4 comments:

SlayerOfBees said...

You are just too awesome. I. Love. You. (Hopefully gushing on your blog isn't too tacky!)

Vikki said...

Ugh, I can't imagine how hard it would be to have to have that kind of talk with a parent. It's heartbreaking to even think about. :(

Okay, going to hug my kids now. And then reposting this on Facebook!!! Let's get those kids some books, dammit!!

Anonymous said...

I'm loving these LOLZombies! They're such funny spoofs. ;)

Lacey J Edwards said...

Your husband is a hero, and so are you. *squishy hug*