Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lolzombies...and Night of the Giving Dead update

I'm attempting to chill out now, if by "chill out" you mean "leave the computer for at least an hour a day." So I've been looking through my archives for something that you might like to see again. And one of the things that I'm most proud of on this blog is the lolzombie series. I did a bunch of them based off of dance movies, because WHY THE HECK NOT?!? And I know a lot of you new people haven't seen them before. YOU MUST. They are snarfy, and snarfy is good.


I have a whole series of these...what dance movie do YOU want to see?

And while we're at it, you do know about Night of the Giving Dead, right? Short version--online auction to benefit book program at children's hospital. Two grand prizes up for grabs--a Kindle with a BTIB ebook and a 6 month writing mentorship. Check out the link for more info.

Don't have the time to go through all those items? Here are today's features!
  • I think this package of picture books and dragon puppets by the lovely Shelley Moore Thomas would make the world's most awesome baby shower gift. And as I'm writing, it's going for less than market value!
  • POWERLESS by Matthew Cody was one of my favorite books of 2010. It's got superheros and comic books and bullies and shady villains. This is one heck of a terrific middle grade read.
  • I'm not the biggest sports fan in the world, but I devoured Keri Mikulski's HEAD GAMES and STEALING BASES. Sporty girls + romance + school drama = awesome. These are quick YA reads for contemporary fans.
  • MG and YA writers, you need to check out Bettina Restrepo's critique prize! Not only will she critique 10 pages, but she'll follow up with a phone call to discuss your project. This could be exactly what you need to get through that roadblock!
  • Shhhh. Don't tell anybody, but there's a full YA manuscript critique by lovely agent Weronika Janczuk flying under the bidding radar right now. I won't tell anyone else if you don't.

5 comments:

Matthew MacNish said...

You. Are. Zilarious.

Anonymous said...

Love the "Fame" spoof! xD And I actually GET THE JOKE. I am so proud of myself for watching the show "Fame". ;D

Jessica said...

Lurves the LOLZombies!! You are hilarious. :)

Ray Veen said...

Here's a dance movie challenge for you: "Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo"

Vikki said...

Ha! That totally made me spit coffee all over myself. You funny!

Ooooh, what about Flashdance?