Thursday, December 2, 2010

Gift Recommendations for Weird People

It's getting to be that time of year, when we're all scrambling to buy gifts for Christmas or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or Ramrod the Holy Toaster Day. Whatever. So I've started to do the whole shopping thing. My family is pretty big on lists, so my Christmas morning is usually full of things I actually want and need as opposed to the sweater with the pink flamingos staring at my boobies.

I got that once. I posted a picture. It's too traumatic to go back and look for.

But what do you do when the person you're buying for doesn't give you a list and they're a total lunatic? You turn to me for advice, of course. I get all the best lunatic holiday gifts from one of three top places.

1. Too Fast. Too Fast is the place to go for clothing items with zombies on them. Some of the zombies also stare at or grab the boobies, but it's better than flamingos. This year, I'm partial to the werewolf stompers (to go with my zombie pair), the eyeball leg warmers, and the zombie wall clings.

2. Fred and Friends. I may be related to the people behind Fred and Friends. They REACHED INTO MY BRAIN and pulled out the mixing spoon drumsticks, the ninjabread men, and the brain freeze ice cube trays. I would like to decorate my entire home with Fred and Friends.

3. The Knotbygranma Etsy shop. Oh, Jess. Before you, no one filled my need for crocheted valentines dolls with tentacles coming out of their mouths and three headed cheerleaders. My life is complete now that I have seen these things, or it will be once I get my hands on one of those tentacle girls.

So there you go. Where else do you go to get gifts that aren't...well, NORMAL?

4 comments:

Kelly Jensen said...

the zombie stompers?
oh my goodness.
those have made my day.

two planets for you!

Amber said...

Those were some awesome sites. I loved the second one-- must have ninja cookies! Thanks for sharing them!

Abby Minard said...

OMG, these are awesome. I'll have to see if I can get any for my sister and sisters-in-law.

aMadArtist said...

hahahaa!! I just might invest in those musical mixers :) Carrie, you have just directed me to the best websites I've seen in a loooong long time! Thank you, you're amazing!