Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Things That Make Me Snarf - Zombie Killer

Here's this week's Thing That Makes Me Snarf.



I just can't find anything to say that's funnier than this video. Slayer introduced me to Leslie and the Lys a while back, so you have him to thank for this one. My favorite is when the zombies start to sing. Because singing zombies are the height of coolness. Coolocity. Coolification, even.

So during the long car ride to Indiana and back, Scillius Maximus and I were talking about how cool it would be to do a zombie pub crawl. Get a bunch of people to dress up like zombies and lurch around downtown, scaring people and drinking beer. Frankly, I think that the further you do this from Halloween, the more effective it would be. I think it would be a blast.

But then that got me thinking, and we all know how dangerous that is. And I thought that zombie bowling might be fun. Or zombie croquet. I'd love to get a bunch of people together to do zombie croquet. And then I had it: the idea to trump all ideas.

Get a bunch of zombies together to do Richard Simmons' Sweating to the Oldies.

My mother has a copy. I really could make it happen. Because really, zombies deserve cardiovascular health too. They may not have operational cardiovascular systems, but who cares? Half of my ex-boyfriends had negative IQ points, but that didn't stop them from going to school.

9 comments:

Hanna Banana said...

ROFLMAO!! Imagining Richard Simmons in zombie mode!

Kelly Polark said...

That video is...something else!
You and your zombie friends HAVE to exercise to Richard Simmons AND post it on YouTube and your blog! Definitely!!

Fox Lee said...

I have Sweatin' to the Oldies 2 and 3. I recommend 3 : )

Hiland. said...

There is an alternate version of this video... Where Leslie was able to score Elvira - Mistress of the Dark to be in the audio... But Leslie had to remove the "even the little kids" part... wah wah..

Mariah Irvin said...

What zombie doesn't care about its physique? Zombies remind me that I heard a Cranberries song yesterday called zombie. I laughed and thought of you!

David Ebright said...

Pub crawls are very popular here in St Augustine (almost weekly May thru October). Most 'paricipants' look like Zombies at the end rather than at the start.

I'm trying not to picture anything Richard Simmonslike.

Amidei said...

I just thought I would let you know that Zombie Bowling exists. WildClaw Theatre (www.wildclawtheatre.com) is presenting an evening of Zombie Bowling at Timber Lanes in Chicago on March 14th.

Scillius Maximus said...

Cute one. And I don't have any urge to Lysol some of my gray matter, which is always a plus.

Speaking of Zombie, I have a possible 100 books in a year book:

Breathers: A Zombie's Lament

A zomromcom where a newbie Z joins a support group. Have you or anyone else heard of it? I've not read it but it looks it's about to be made into a movie by the director who did Juno. So this might be a good one.

K. M. Walton said...

I like when the woman is trying to 'sweep' the zombie off of her porch - cause brooms are effective zombie killers.