Monday, February 9, 2009

Zombie Love... Like Ninja Love But Different

All good choices on Vampire, Werewolf, and Zombie from last week, peeps. Personally, I think Jane is the vampire, because drawing room romance just seems vampish to me. And Shakespeare is the zombie, because of this little known variation on one of his sonnets: "How do I love thee? Let me count the brains."

And I'm a werewolf. Because I am. Don't argue with me, or I'll wolf out and destroy my study. Which isn't much of a threat to you, but I hope you'll take pity on me.

Anyway. Skillius Maximus the Great (fo shizzle) brought over a new game to play on Saturday. It's called Zombies!!!, and I think I might be in love with it. The premise is simple: you move your guy around through herds of rampaging zombies. To win, you either kill a plethora of undead or wuss out and go for the helipad to escape.

Yeah, Slayer won. He flew off in a helipad without me. And I had the biggest body count, because I am bitchly.

Now, the best part of the whole thing is figuring out what to do with your zombies, because you get a little zombie figurine for every one you kill. There are girl zombies with big chesticals and carrying a severed head. And there are boy zombies with exposed rib cages, who are holding out one hand like they want something.

Like maybe a severed head.

And this has potential. Serious potential. In between turns, I sent my zombies out on dates. "A severed head? Oh, Phyllis, you shouldn't have." I put them into a kick line. I made them prominade. I even got one of the girls to put one of the boys in a headlock. I think he probably tried to touch her head without permission.

And this, my friends, is why some people are embarrassed to go out with me in public. But either way, I absolutely recommend this game, because it was tres fun.

14 comments:

K.C. Shaw said...

Okay, that is indeed the coolest game I've ever heard of. It sounds even better than Mousetrap!, which was actually a crappy game but with a really cool toy in the middle. The only person I ever knew who liked the actual Mousetrap game was my best friend, who would make me play it all the time and I couldn't trip the mousetrap until we got to that part. Zombies would have been a fun addition to that game, now that I think of it. Zombie mice, maybe.

Adrienne said...

And I thought the SpongeBob version of Life was fun.
A zombie kick line sounds messy, though.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

That looks like a fun game, Carrie! I couldn't stop laughing over your "chesticals" line. Hehehe!

Cate Gardner said...

I want that game.

I may kill people just to get that game.*


*All fictional of course.

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

That's very cool! But I'm afraid I'd be on that helicopter so fast it would make the zombie's severed head spin. I'm all for ass kicking - but I prefer ninja style. Zombies are so messy. My OCD can't deal with all the brains and gore spattering all over the place. And I have this thing where if you bite me I have to bite you back. But zombies don't taste too good...

I think I may be a vampire ninja girl. Do they have a game for that?

Fox Lee said...

WOuldn't the chesticles have been one of the first things to rot off?

Kelly Polark said...

What happens when your zombie wins the game? All you can eat brains buffet?

Anne Spollen said...

And here I was all weekend playing Mall Madness with my ten year old. Who knew?


(Yes, it's really called Mall Madness, I'm not making that up)

Mariah Irvin said...

That poem is actually Elizabeth Barrett Browning, but I believe Shakespeare wrote "Shall I compare your brains to a summer's day? They are more fried and more delicious."

Scillius Maximus said...

For those of you interested in the other side of ZOMBIES!!! I suggest you take a look at HUMANS!!!

It's new game put out by the makers of ZOMBIES!!! where instead of being the human looking to escape you're a Zombie looking to make some Z's out of humans.

As I understand it you can combine both games and play them together as one. Players just have to pick if they are a human or zombie and play accordingly

Unknown said...

This all reminds me of when I was a kid and lived in England, my parents used to take me to Games Workshop where they had games like Talisman, Blood Bowl, The warlock of Firetop Mountain, and some game that involved being a Road Warrior.

Those were the days.

Vikki said...

Okay, I must have that game. I played Hungry Hungry Hippos yesterday and was left feeling unfulfilled. I kind of wanted the hippos to be able to eat each others heads. Maybe this zombie game will fill the void!!!! (Do you think they make a zombie version of Scrabble? Cuz that would be awesome!)

Christina Farley said...

You are just so thoughtful. Thinking for those poor headless zoombies like that. The world would be a different place without you.

:)

Carrie Harris said...

Just had to pop in here and express my embarrassment for the poetic mix-up. I blame it on the cold medication.