Monday, March 7, 2011

My New Sword

Happy Monday, shambling hordes!

This weekend, I solidified my geek cred by making a sword out of PVC. These pseudo swords are a huge component of BAD TASTE IN BOYS. I used to hang out with a group of guys that developed this huge, complicated game using these swords. I never entirely understood this game. As far as I could tell, it involved running around an abandoned apple orchard and whacking the crap out of each other, but the winner of said altercation often seemed to be the one who got hit the most.

Call me strange, but doesn't that seem backwards?

Anyway, I am working on one of those super sekrit projects that I keep hinting about, and I'm happy to tell you that I'm close to actually being able to unveil one! And part of said super sekrit project? Make sword from PVC, duct tape, and pipe insulation. And I thought I couldn't get geekier.

Wanna see what it looks like?

I am Optimus Prime, and this is my BOOMSTICK.


Yes, I made a Transformers reference and an Evil Dead reference in the same sentence. Man, I am racking up the geek points today. Pretty soon, I'll be able to buy the Millenium Falcon.

So what did you do this weekend?

13 comments:

Noelle said...

Heh. I was talking to my sister over the weekend via Skype, when her sound went all metalic & broken. I told her she'd gone transformer on me, and was like "what's that? The decepticons are landing in your back yard?! What's that lassie? Optimus Prime fell in a well? How'd he fit?!" Lol!

Unknown said...

How weird is that I was making model flint guns from pvc, spray paint, window locks, and cable holders! They came out really cute!

Book Sp(l)ot said...

This weekend, I did not do anything nearly a fun as you did!!

(I'll have to try to remedy that next weekend ;))

Unknown said...

Your brilliance disgusts me (in all fabulous and sparkly ways of course).

Candice said...

I made pink sparkly cupcakes for a baby shower.

That is a pretty awesome sword!

Anonymous said...

lololol. Totally awesome swords.

I drove to the bottom of my state on Saturday and back . . . on Saturday. That was a long day, especially after getting only three hours of sleep. Good news? I added a sentence to my WIP. *facepalm*

Scillius Maximus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scillius Maximus said...

I'm sure you could afford an Aluminum Falcon right now.


(GeekCredRef: Robot Chicken Star Wars - Episode 1)

Anonymous said...

I think you need to take that helmet and sword and go hang out with the lightning bolt guy.

Christine Tyler said...

My friends and I called it "boffing" and that sword was a "boffer."

I got away with a lot of suicide shots to my reputation in high school by being a cute girl.

Carrie Harris said...

Noelle: BWAHAHAHAHAHA. I would so like to see a Lassie/Transformers mashup.

Cari: Dude, did you REALLY? I must see pictures!

Book Sp(l)ot: If you're looking for something to do, I've got a great sword pattern... ;)

Jen: Sparkly disgust? SNARF.

Candice: And now I'm hungry. :)

Ashelynn: YAY! I am sure that's the BEST SENTENCE EVER.

Scillius: Dude, I already HAVE an aluminum falcon.

Anny: Actually, I'm thinking of having some people chase you down a hallway with it. ;)

Martinelli: You have no idea how hard I laughed when I read your comment. As a longtime girl gamer, I get you. Oh, how I get you.

ali cross said...

Well, I thought I was pretty geektastic, but apparently, not as much as you!

That sword is, for lack of a better (geekier) word, spectacular.

And I'm thrilled because I've obviously joined your site just in the nick of time ~ super sekrit unveiling, here I come!

Jennie Englund said...

Classic!

Can't wait to show this to my boys!