Wednesday, March 9, 2011

So Close, Yet...

I'm right in the middle of the big push to finish my WIP. I'd hoped to finish it last night, but there was just too much left to do and too much going on. But today! Today is the day! Hip hip hooray! I get to kill someone today!

(That's in the collection of Dr. Seuss poems for highly distracted authors. Have you read that one? I assume not, since I just made it up, but I thought I'd ask.)

Anyway, I apologize for keeping this short, but I'm so distracted that I can't even carry on a decent conversation. I'm literally right in the middle of the last big scene, and my mind is full of details about the layout of the room, and that continuity error I have to fix where the room suddenly changed shape, and now where am I going to put the door, and if I move it, how many demons will they see when they come through the door, and does this book have too much ooze in it? I may need to cut down on the ooze factor, although I did start varying the colors of the ooze because they do say that variety is the spice of life, and I assume it's the spice of ooze too.

In short, I'm distracted. Totally. So I hope it's cool that I keep today's entry short. I have some ooze to deal with.

8 comments:

storyqueen said...

I don't even want to know who googled "varying colors of ooze" and ended up at your blog.

Shelley

P.S. Good luck!

Sherrie Petersen said...

Have fun with that dastardly deed, or is it dastardly dead? :) What am I saying -- it's Carrie! Of course you'll have fun!

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Eeeeep!!! Hooray for finishing!! Doing little murder-dance for you, darling. Enjoy the day/deed!

Matthew MacNish said...

You can never have too much ooze. Or Demons.

Unknown said...

If it's about fighting evil, it has to have ooze. Lots of it! Good luck with the final scene!

ali cross said...

Carrie, I'm new to your blog (but not your books!) and I have to say, this post just made me super duper happy. I mean, how did I ever survive before when I didn't read your blog?

Because, you're psychic. Or undead and therefore privy to knowledge floating around in the ether.

I had just now been wondering--can there be too much ooze? And really, why does everyone have to say ooze is green. It had long been my hypothesis that ooze, could, in fact, be any color of the rainbow. And now, you canNOT have too much ooze.

Have fun whipping that WIP into submission!

Anonymous said...

Good luck finishing, Carrie! Enjoy the ooze.

Marsha Sigman said...

I'm not sure there can ever be too much ooze.

Great, I just read over the comments and everyone said the same thing.

So for the sake of being original...too much ooze, too much ooze!!! (But I don't really mean it)