Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dystopian, Gametastic, and Crazeballs. How Have YOU Been?

Sorry to have been gone so long. It's been a crazy couple of days full of things that start with the letter S. Like SUCK. SUCK SUCK SUCKETY SUCK. But the suck is sublimating now, and that's just super.

So this week, I'm working on a shorter piece that I'm hoping to show you before November 2012, because that's a hecka long time for both of us to wait. Although this may be somewhat more difficult because Slayer just gave me a copy of HAMMERED by Kevin Hearne, and those books are the awesome on top of the cake. And it's not the kind of awesome that dyes your tongue blue and tastes vaguely like the inside of a congealed Twinkie. The series is awesome, and you should read it.

And then you should read READY PLAYER ONE by Ernest Cline, who actually HAS A DELOREAN. It doesn't get much cooler than that. And it's a dystopian, gametastic, crazeballs, 80's reference-laden book of total awesomeness. It's instantly rocketed up into my favorite books of all time.

What have you been reading?

4 comments:

storyqueen said...

I've been hooked on Game of Thrones. It's the first grown-up book I've read in a LONG time.

It is a wild ride.

Tere Kirkland said...

Just getting into Burn Bright. It's really good so far.

Storyqueen, I've been trying not to read GoT, I'm too excited to watch the next season of the HBO show, which is a first for me, and I don't want to spoil it.

Marsha Sigman said...

I am horrible and have had no time in the last few weeks to read anything! Killin' me.

Planning on picking up a few books this weekend now that back to school nightmare is calming down.

Vikki said...

Wow, sorry about all the suckage!!! :( I hope things are looking up.

I have, like, NO time to read, but...I just finished Hold Me Closer, Necromancer. Loved it and want five hundred more just like it! Now I'm trying to cram in Hunger Games for my book club. You know, so I can actually contribute to the conversation instead of sitting there nodding and sipping my coffee :)