So. Today we’re celebrating HEX HALL by the amazeballs Rachel Hawkins. This totally hexxy book came out in paperback this month, so if you haven’t read it yet you now have no excuse not to get a copy. And you need to do it FAST because the sequel comes out next month.
So now, I’m gonna hex you up. I mean…uh…list off five quotes from HEX HALL that cracked me up. Seriously. It’s funny. So funny that I had a hard time choosing quotes and eventually just started opening the book at random and picking something that made me laugh.
- ”Good luck explaining to God that you used to spank one of his heavenly beings.” pg. 25
- ”I figured Elodie wouldn’t want to go back with me to see Alice again after the “my gaping chest wound, let me show you it” thing…” pg. 277
- ”Of course, the only words I managed to yell at the werewolf as he ran at me were, “BAD DOG!” pg. 19
- On the upside, my crush on Archer was totally gone. Once a boy has slammed his kneecap into your rib cage, I think any romantic feelings should naturally go the way of the ghost.” pg. 118
- ”But this room looked like it had been decorated by the unholy love child of Barbie and Strawberry Shortcake.” pg. 33
Seriously. This book is funny, let me show you it. And it's purty too.
When you're done drooling over the cover, check out what the other Bookanistas are up to!
- Elana Johnson raves over BIRTHMARKED
- LiLa Roecker is going bonkers for BETRAYAL
- Christine Fonseca is dizzy for DELIRIUM
- Shannon Messenger features WHERE SHE WENT plus an ARC Giveaway!
- Carolina Valdez Miller is loco for LIKE MANDARIN
- Beth Revis is remembering MEMENTO NORA
- Jessi Kirby is sweet on XVI
- Shana Silver is pumped for BUMPED
- Rosemary Clement-Moore is enraptured by WARPED
- Katie Anderson covets the cover of Myre McEntire's HOURGLASS
- Corrine Jackson is dazzled by I AM NUMBER FOUR
- Stasia Ward Kehoe leaps for LEVERAGE
Love the voice in this! And I need a funny book these days.
I was hanging out with some bloggy friends all yesterday and they were bullying me into getting this one. Seeing it here today must be fate.
Looks like I'll be getting Hex Hall very soon.
OMG, how come I haven't read this one yet? Those quotes are AWESOME! Must...buy...book!
It's one of those books that I pick up when I'm feeling a little meh, and it always makes me laugh. If you guys end up getting it, let me know what you think!
Dude, I loves me a funny book. I can't believe I haven't read this one yet. What is wrong with me? Isn't the sequel out, too? Must get on this. Will be thinking about what the unholy love child of Barbie and Strawberry Shortcake must look like all day...hehe. Funny stuff.
HA! One of the girls in our YA book club loves these books. We'll have to check them out!
I love this one! Sophie has one of the best voices and senses of humor. This book was a huge turnaround for me in my opinion of paranormal lit.
From the cover, I never would have expected this to be so funny! I'm going to be buried in books after adding all of these to my list. :)
I had no idea this one would be funny?! I loved these quotes, so I'm gonna order this one STAT.
And the cover? REALLY cool.
Dang, I need some new adjectives.
My favourite scene is the one that involved pearls and her V-Card! Such an awesome book!
Dang it. Another book I have to read. TO THE BOOKSTORE!!!!!
Seriously Carrie that's another book I have to read. It is like you are a reading advocate or something. Totally being sarcastic. Gonna read it. It's on the list. Thanks!
Sounds like a great book! I almost bought it yesterday, but there was another book that I really wanted, so... Next time.
I'm going over to check it out. Always looking for new books to read!
The voice in this book is awesome! I kept laughing out loud. The BAD DOG line was one of my faves. I can't wait for the sequel!
Yes! Now we'll create a new club called the HEX HALL ROX MY SOX OFF!
Ha! These are great! I really need to get this book.
You picked two of my favorite quotes!! "Hex Hall" is absolutely hilarious. I recommend it a LOT. When I read the part about "Bad dog" the first time there was definitely some coffee snortage...
Post a Comment