Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Blogaversary - The Theme Song

It's day two of our Wonder That Is My Blogaversary celebration. Have you entered the drawing yet? All you need to do is tell me something that makes you laugh, and you're in the running for a free book of your choice.

Now, every blogaversary deserves a theme song (at least in my skewed little version of reality). And really, this blog wouldn't be half as funny without all of your comments. So this song includes a little shout out to some of my oldest readers. (As in, have been reading and commenting on the blog for a long time, not as in ready for retirement.) If you weren't mentioned, it's not because I don't love you. I'll be writing more of my readers into later posts in the week, so keep coming back! And if you haven't visited the sites I've linked, what exactly are you waiting for? An engraved invitation?

The song is called Blog Blog Blog, and it's sung to the tune of THIS.
Hey hey
Blog blog blog
I'm goin' online tonight,
I'm gonna read some blogs and write,
I know it feels so right.
Hey Blogger come on,
I love your posts you see,
Feels like you write them for me.
And now I've got to read them every day.
I know that I can't take no more
I love blogs, by gog
You write all the posts I adore
Baby, blog, blog, blog...

Blog blog
Don't wanna be a follower foo'
Just another poster in your blog for two
You may hate me but I say by gog,
Baby, blog, blog, blog...
Blog blog
Resisting blogs it is so tough,
I can't ever tell you that I blog enough.
It might sound crazy,
But I love blogs, gog,
Baby, blog, blog, blog...

(Oh, Oh)
Cate, hit me with the truth.
Now, KC you're more than welcome too.
So give me just one post
Jamie, just blog.
I live for Keri'sawesome posts,
Natalie S, she really is the most,
That Glamis really is a blogging god.

I wanna read PJ more and more
And Aaron, by gog,
I got blogs seeping out of every pore
Baby, blog, blog, blog...

14 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

:) Truly someone with either too much talent and has it to spare, or has too much time on her hands and doesn't know what to do with it all. I haven't decided.

Unknown said...

"Don't want to be a follower FOO'"?

LOL! Like I said, you make me laugh out loud!

Mariah Irvin said...

Nice. You definitely got my attention by putting it to "Bye Bye Bye"- the anthem of my childhood.

Danyelle L. said...

Beautiful! :p

K.C. Shaw said...

I'm touched and tickled. Also, I seem to be humming this nsync song now....

Carrie Harris said...

Jamie: The answer is yes. :)

Jeremy: That's my favorite line too. Heh.

Mariah: Picture me dancing around my basement to this song, and you've pretty much got it. And now you need therapy.

Danyelle: That's one word for it. ;)

KC: Touched and tickled? It's better than nausea; I'll take it.

LW: I really wish I was a recording artist, because I'd totally sing this.

Anonymous said...

I know it was "Bye Bye Bye" but my kept playing it as "Mambo Number 5". Is this literally the beat of a different drummer??

-Mercedes

storyqueen said...

Ah, Carrie, what would I do without you to provide me with my daily earworm!

(I totally almost did that fist-in-the-air-three-times-bye-bye-bye-thing whilst humming it a moment ago.)

So, um, thanks?


Shelley

Fox Lee said...

When will you be unveiling your official blog dancers, and will they all be dressed as Richard Simmons?

Kelly Polark said...

I love song parodies!
And I love watching JT dance...even if it is in an NSYNC video I guess!
Blog, blog blog!

K. M. Walton said...

I'll admit that I own that cd, know all the words & love that video. Scary eh?

You are certainly gifted with the art of parody!

C.R. Evers said...

LOL! Happy Blogaversary!

PJ Hoover said...

Carrie, will you come here and write my books? You've got spunk and enthusiasm and creativity.
Okay, thank you at least for sending some my way!

glovin said...

You are certainly gifted with the art of parody!thank you at least for sending some my way!

--
glovin
Are you scared to be alone at home need security