Friday, August 7, 2009

Haiku, the Japanese Monster

Haiku! Haiku!

For some reason, the thought of running down the street and shouting this makes me laugh. This may have something to do with the fact that I also picture a huge Godzilla like monster stomping down the street after me reciting poetry about lotus blossoms. But that's probably just me.

Anyway, I've read some awesome stuff lately that you must check out if you want to be as KEWL as me. Or you could like, exist. Because that pretty much describes my kewlness level right there.

Geektastic: Stories from the Nerd Herd by Holly Black and Cecil Castellucci
Computer geeks and
gamers, brainiacs, Jedi.
I think I'm in love.

Sandman: Preludes and Nocturnes by Neil Gaiman
I've never read this
cover to cover? Bad me!
Required geek read.

Hoot by Carl Hiaasen
Skews a bit younger
Than my usual reads do.
Still hilarious.
Paris Pan Takes the Dare by Cynthea Liu
Another young read:
Buy it for tween b-day gifts.
I know I'm going to.

Gone by Michael Grant
So freaking awesome!
Adults go poof; kids rule all.
This should be a film.

8 comments:

Angela Ackerman said...

What a perfectly timely post. Hope you don't mind if I add a link?

http://thebookshelfmuse.blogspot.com/2009/08/warning-zombies-ahead.html

I'm running a Zombie Haiku contest while I'm away on holiday for the next week. Zombies and poetry, is there a better combo in this world?

Davin Malasarn said...

Haikewl!

Stephanie Faris said...

Very creative. I'll check out your suggestions.

storyqueen said...

Carrie is so kewl
She writes kick-ass book reviews
She rocks rocks rocks rocks.

Yeah, I know, a haiku review of a haiku review post......made of awesome......or not....?

Happy Friday!!

Shelley

Susan R. Mills said...

I'm off to check out your links. Thanks!

PJ Hoover said...

I love having birthday gift ideas on hand! And I must read Geektastic.

Anne Spollen said...

Lol, running down the street and shouting Haiku! Haiku! Only would it sound like sneezing? (Go ahead, say it out loud twice and see what I mean)

C.R. Evers said...

personally, I dream about a huge Godzilla like monster stomping down the street after me reciting poetry about lotus blossoms all the time. That may even be in a dream analysis web=site. somewhere. Or maybe I dreamed it.

Awesome book Haikus.
I must check them out right now.
Or else I might blaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


See. I can do Haikus too. Why am I not published?