Friday, August 28, 2009

Da Lie

Okay. If you didn't read the last post, go back and do it, because otherwise you will have no blinking idea what I'm talking about.

Or don't. You could probably argue that I don't make any sense anyway, so why not just run with it.

The lie is number 1. I do not sing the Mission Impossible theme song to myself when training in ninjutsu. This is for one simple reason. I ride the ninja short bus. I find it difficult enough to avoid punching myself in the face, let alone looking cool AND singing AND not punching myself in the face.

So it's not for lack of desire, but lack of skill.

And yes, that does mean that you are reading the blog of a girl that was run over by a car onstage, takes her Spice Girl barbie doll on vacation, throws her own Mystery Dinner parties complete with Pixy Stick flushing action, cannot resist a dare to snort candy, has been licked by complete strangers, and likes to request songs via charades. My personal favorite is the come hither finger, pointing to the top of my head, pointing to my eye, and then falling over.

Come On Eileen.

14 comments:

Empress Awesome said...

Yay, I was right! Everything else just sounded way too plausible to me.

Kelly Polark said...

Hee! Come on Eileen!
I bet the charade for "Pour Some Sugar on Me" was funny! ;)

Jamie Eyberg said...

I really should stop licking complete strangers.

Anonymous said...

I was sure that there was a mistake and you meant to say there was only on truth amidst six lies. AND I was sure that it was the ninja thing. It was the only realistic one. Just goes to show you that real life is better than fiction. You can't make that stuff up!

Laura Eno said...

Thanks for clearing that up for us!

Anonymous said...

Actually, a girl I went to grade school with was born with one leg extremely shorter than the other. I mean she had to have this cage around her leg that had pins going into her bones to gradually stretch it to the proper length. According to her (and her mother), in the delivery room, when her father saw her leg, he completely dead panned to her mom, "Well, I guess we have to name her Eileen." No joke. Well, I mean what he SAID was a joke, but the story actually happened.

Natalie Whipple said...

You are my kind of people, Carrie. Fo sho.

storyqueen said...

yes, the dj's loved you.......or plotted your demise.......?

RIP Spice Girl Barbie.

On the subject of lying, I have my kids in Writing Club sometimes write something that is true and something that is a lie and the rest of the club has to guess which is which.

If you lived close, I'd have you come as a guest speaker....you are a master!

Shelley

Elana Johnson said...

I didn't guess, but I had a suspicion. :)

Suzanne Casamento said...

OMG. Your "Come on Eileen" made me laugh out loud.

K. M. Walton said...

You have certainly lived an interesting life! I am amazed at your ability to remember everything in such a clear, funny way.

K.C. Shaw said...

"Come on Eileen" is a great club song anyway. :)

I bet you are the best person to play charades with EVER.

Christine Fonseca said...

LMAO!!!

Keri Mikulski said...

Impressive. :)