Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bad Romance, Carrie-Style

Here's something I haven't done in a long while. I'm a firm believer that the searches that lead people to your website say something about you (even if that something is "your readers are blinking INSANE"). So here are some of my most recent search terms, inserted into the lyrics of Lady Gaga's Bad Romance.

Why? Why the heck NOT?
Ra Ra-ah-ah-ah
Roma Roma-ma
GaGa Oh la-la
Sparklesparklesparkle

I want your merpire, Your backery
I want your Google fu for teachers, whee!
I want your love
Harmonica love
I want your love

I want your cheezburger
The touch of your hand
Your watermelon costume, spitting seeds in the sand
I want your love
It's mentally scarring
But I want your love

You know I want hot monsters
And you know I need hot monsters
I want it bad
A carousel dress

Yeah, I'm going to be singing this all day now. It really IS mentally scarring, but I can't help myself.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the 'mentally scarring.' Also, just wanted to say that you have one of the coolest book covers I've ever seen. :)

erin f. danehy said...

Hilarious!

Also: "hot monsters" really makes me wonder what, specifically, those searchers were hoping to find. Were they satisfied here, or did they continue the hot monster searching elsewhere?

Beth Fred said...

You are so funny!

Tara Maya said...

This is my kids favorite song. I think they would like your words.

Barry Napier said...

that's hilarious in so many odd ways...

Carolyn V. said...

LOL! That's the best song ever! I love it.

Unknown said...

Hilarious!!! Carrie you are always outdoing yourself... genius, genius *clapping* *crowd cheering*

YA Book Queen said...

Lol, you had me cracking up at "Sparklesparklesparkle"

Now the person stuck sitting next to me at the library must think I'm nuts ;)

Amy Holder said...

Just when I had the song out of my head from yesterday...I come across this. lol. Although it's stuck in my head again now, I have to admit that this new version is brilliant!

Whirlochre said...

You mentally scar with style.

C.R. Evers said...

I think this will be stuck in my head all day. Dang.