Friday, August 20, 2010

Stick It To the Man

Blogger doesn't want people to comment on my entries. I say this because at least once a week, one of my posts ends up without the little commenty links. (And if it happens with this entry, I will KNOW they're sadistic comment-gobbling poop-heads.) I can't fix it. I don't know why it happens. Trust me when I say that *I* love your comments. I print them out and wallpaper my office with them.

Actually, I don't. But I should. Our office has the world's worst flowery wallpaper. It would be much cooler if it was papered in your comments. Or THIS:

BRAAAINS! Uh...and WALLLLS.


Obligatory credit for the sticker thingy is here.

Anyway, I just wanted to say sorry for the suckery. Anyone else have this problem? How did you fix it? Besides ordering your local neighborhood ninja attack squad to stick it to the Blogger man, of course.

Oh, and if you do see an entry that you just HAVE TO COMMENT on, try clicking the title. That usually brings up the commenty bits.

9 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

I haven't had that problem (yet), but my posts mysteriously disappear if I put them on schedule. Strange.

Unknown said...

I hate when I can't comment!!! I start to freak... I feel like at any moment I'll be one of those flesh eating zombies on that pretty wall of yours coming down to start destroying all THINGS!!!

Yay for pretty comments... my come with an extra bit of sparkle... you like don't you :)

Anonymous said...

*sprinkles Blogger Fixing dust on Carrie*

...I want that wall decoration.

And damn it I've relapsed into saying it "waaaalllll" -- I saw the play, Midsummer Night's Dream, at SLU earlier this year, and one character was playing "The Wall" in the play within the play, and he would spread his arms wide and go, "The Waaaaaallll." I could not say "wall" normally (and without giggling) for MONTHS afterward.

Damn you!!

Stephanie McGee said...

I've yet to encounter this problem. I hope that Blogger gets a fix for it soon.

Larissa said...

I haven't encountered this problem, but it definitely would suck if I had.

Someone needs to get you those decals...

Sage Ravenwood said...

Haven't had this problem yet. I do know I read somewhere, that certain templates cause Blogger to barf up all kinds of weirdness.

Hang on, Blogger recently announced they're going to have a spam check for comments. Things might get even hairier. Hope not. (Hugs)Indigo

abby mumford said...

just because you said you've had trouble with comments, i HAD to try and leave a note to see if the blogger bad luck went into effect.

so far so good.

except i haven't hit "publish your comment" yet.

perhaps when i do, that's when the comment eating zombies will arrive. but you know? that actually makes sense because i do have BAD TASTE IN BOYS.

Marsha Sigman said...

Obviously 'the Man' has it out for you. I have never had a problem with that on my blog but formatting freaks out every once in a while.

Let's stage a protest! They can't keep our comments!

Claire Dawn said...

You know you read too much when you have book references for random things in life. Like comment swallowing is totally reminded me of the paperbag notes in THIRTEEN REASONS WHY...