Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Message to You

Good morning/afternoon/whatever-the-heck-time-it-is, friends, neighbors, stalkers, people I met once but have unfortunately forgotten, wildebeasts, merpire wannabes, monsterphiles, and people who Googled Katie Couric's name but ended up here by mistake. (No, really. That last one happens a LOT. I have no problem when visitors get here using search terms like "when sparkles attack." But I have to admit that I'm kinda weirded out when they visit me to get the latest deets on the Couric.)

I had this brilliant idea last night for a blog entry, and I went to bed safe in the knowledge that I had something witty to say today. Apparently, the aliens got to me again and brain probed that great idea right out of my head. They need to get a bleeping blog so I can read it and admire my idea from afar.

Anyway, I'm sorry. You can pretend that I remember what I was going to say, and it was very funny, and you liked it. While you're at it, I suggest you also pretend that I gave you a pony, and there's a hot merpire of whatever gender you prefer living on your bedroom floor. I will warn you, however, that he/she smells like fish sticks. I suggest you invest in a little Febreeze if you don't have some already.

There's a marketing plan for you, Febreeze! Your slogan could be: "Febreeze makes merhunks smell better," or "Febreeze--For the times when you don't want your hot supernatural date to smell like fish sticks."

Anyway, that's enough of that. Please pretend I said something witty here... (Scans entry about Febreeze, fish sticks, alien blogs, and wildebeasts.) Yeah, you'd better pretend. And then check out my interview with Jen Daiker over at Unedited. I made a lot more sense that day. The aliens hadn't gotten to me yet.

15 comments:

Lacey J Edwards said...

ROfl! I *heart* you. Heading over to the interview!

Unknown said...

OMFG!!!! You're hilarious...

PS I love Rainbow Sparkle, she's so cute, I love that she's pint size, well pocket size. I love her, thanks for the pony! :)

BTW - You can take back the hot merpire, he smells to much.

Thanks for the awesome interview! They love you!

storyqueen said...

I hate when that happens!!

(my word verification is carry....Carrie.)

Shelley

Unknown said...

Great interview--you dated someone who drank red corn syrup so they'd look like a vampire? That's hilarious! It makes all my exes seem so normal. :)

Kelly Polark said...

I'm off to check your interview! Do I have to Febreeze the computer first?

Renae said...

I just love your posts! Your interview with Jen was fantastic! Very inspiring. I can't wait till I can read this awesome book of yours!

Tere Kirkland said...

Ha ha! Red corn syrup! Thanks for the laugh this morning.

You WERE trying to be funny, right? ;)

Marsha Sigman said...

I thought this post was awesome because...I love Katie Couric AND fish sticks.

It all made complete sense to me.

Giles Hash said...

I hate it when that happens. It's worse when I have a great idea when I sit down at the computer, and the second my fingers touch the keyboard, ideas are gone.

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss carrie! im cracking up cause youre soooo funny. we got fabreeze and mostly use it for stinky foot smell. haha. now im pretending that stuff is on my bedroom floor and im shooting it dead with a big fabreeze squeeze.
i read your cool interview at miss jens blog. her and me are blogger friends and shes soooo neat. i love the top or your blog.
...smiles and laughs from lenny

N. R. Williams said...

The aliens are a problem...my husband is a trucker and I am certain an alien clone lately...
I'm glad I found you through Jen and look forward to laughing often.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

Whirlochre said...

Febreeze follow Janreeze — but thankfully Neil Sedaka ditched the idea and went with Oh Carol instead, made a few bucks, and terrorised the whole of New York city by climbing the Empire State Building with a girl cupped in the palm of his hand.

No waitaminute — that last bit was about King Kong. A simple error to make, given the context: Kong's 1979 recording of Febreeze Follow Janreeze bombed after he ate some LA DJ and ruined the Superbowl final shopping for bananas.

K. M. Walton said...

Only you could make such random things funny!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

It's okay - your guest interview at Jen's was lots of fun. :-)

Elana Johnson said...

Checking out interview, now. :)