Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Funniest Creature Championships - Mashup Creature Bracket

The short version: We're voting for funny monsters in honor of October, my favorite month ever.

Which one do you find funnier? Today, we're talking about mashup creatures. As you know, I love making mashups. The Tooth Fairy is funny. Posh Spice is funny. Toothy Spice is HILARIOUS. So here are two mashups that I find particularly amusing.

CREATURE 1: Frankenthulhu

Here's how I look at it--Dr. Frankenstein was a real dillweed. You can bet if he saw a grave that said, "Here, Great Cthulhu lies dreaming. DO NOT DISTURB UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE A MIDNIGHT SNACK," he'd dig up that grave and take Cthulhu's head. And then you'd end up with this:

I have tentacles AND neck bolts. And if you squeeze my head, I squeak. OoOoOoH!


CREATURE 2: Merpire

Why are merpires funny?
  1. They smell like fish sticks.
  2. When you're sleeping, they drag their baby pools into your room and slosh around.
  3. A hot date to a merpire = wrapping you up in saran wrap and sloshing around in the baby pool TOGETHER.
  4. Instead of sparkling, they glow in the dark.
  5. Two words: merpire beefcake.

Hubba hubba. (Picture awesomeness courtesy of Natalie Whipple.)


So, which one do you think is more amusing?

14 comments:

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss carrie! for me its the
frankenthulhu. i like stuff that squeeks when you squeeze it. ha ha.
...laughs from lenny

abby mumford said...

i gotta vote for the merpire because the thought of it dragging its baby pool into my room at night is not creepy but silly.

and plus, i like a guy who's not self-conscious about his stench.

Lacey J Edwards said...

I'm going with Merpire (beefcake). Fish sticks and baby pools.
And I love that drawing, lol!

Stephanie Faris said...

I find the Merpie cuter, but the frankenstein thingy is more timely with Halloween coming up!

Unknown said...

Merpire--how can you not go with something involving saran wrap? :)

Tere Kirkland said...

LOL, gotta go with the classics, Frankenthulhu!

Nicole Zoltack said...

lol gotta go with Merpire. Love the drawing!

Amber said...

Merpis all the way!

Unknown said...

Merpire... I think the other picture freaked me out a little too much but the Merpire... is kind of hot.

Just sayin, I mean hanging out of that baby pool. What's hotter than that? AND Glow in the dark, I mean seriously did you even need to ask us?

lulilut said...

Gotta go with the merpire and the saran wrap. At least he knows better than to bite down on aluminum foil. Plus, he would make a great nightlight.

Jessica said...

Merpire, Merpire, Merpire!!!

storyqueen said...

Am I weird for thinking the Frankenwhatever is kind of cute....like a bunny or something?

N. R. Williams said...

I never was much of a fan of Frankie so merpie it is.
Nancy

N. R. Williams, fantasy author

Tiny T said...

Frankenthulhu wins my vote! How can you resist that cute face AND he squeaks! :)