Thursday, October 28, 2010

Skulls R Us

I had so much fun last night. I think I mentioned before that my uber awesome crit group member Laura Riken sent me a book full of monster cupcake recipes, right? Well, last night I made some for the Batson to take to his soccer practice tonight in honor of his birthday. It was my first time working with fondant, and now I'm entirely convinced that I'm going to be the next Ace of (Monster) Cakes.

I'm not, really. But it was freaking fun.

Wanna see?

Eat me! I'm chocolate!


In honor of the awesome skull cupcakes, I have googled. Did you know that when you Google "skulls are," you get:
  • Skulls are us. (I would like to shop there. Much better than Toys R Us.)
  • Skulls are fake. (My head is very sorry to hear this.)
  • Skulls are available. (And looking for a single, non-smoking, non-drinking skull to share candlelit dinners with.)
  • Skulls are the perfect solution for anyone. (This is my kind of math. X + Y = skull. The capital of Paraguay? SKULL.)
  • Skulls are enough. (Why yes. Yes they are.)

11 comments:

Claire Dawn said...

On a random note, I sneezed and pulled a muscle in my skull. It doesn't really hurt, it's just annoying.

Unknown said...

Those cupcakes look terrifyingly scrumptious and most likely to die for! Good job.

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss carrie! oh wow i could want one of those monster cupcakes right now! theyre soooo cool looking.
...hugs from lenny

Natalie Whipple said...

Those are surprisingly cute:)

Stephanie Faris said...

OMG those are cool. I made fingers...post to come! They're shortbread cookies in the shape of fingers with almonds for fingernails.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Those are too cool, Carrie! My son would LOVE them. :-)

Theresa Milstein said...

Those are awesome. I've always liked Day of the Dead skulls. Maybe one day I'll get a tattoo.

If you get a chance, I'm hosting a Halloween Haunting at my blog "Substitute Teacher's Saga" from 10/28-11/1 if you want to join in. There are prizes!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH that's amazing!!!!!!!! I love! I love!

Anonymous said...

You forgot the skin. Everybody knows the skin's the best part.


Heh. Verification word= blede.

C.R. Evers said...

OMG! Those cupcakes MUST be made of awesomesauce! I love'em!

Sherrie Petersen said...

Those are awesome! They look very Dia de los Muertos!