Wednesday, October 20, 2010

One Heck of a Good Day!

Today is a good day! First off, I've got something to celebrate Halloween, and it's not a guy dressed in naked baby dolls. (If this makes no sense to you, please see yesterday's entry. There is no need to call the men in the little white coats. YET.) Some of you may remember the short story I wrote last year called Nosferatu and the Nancy Boys. I love Nossie so much that I couldn't resist revisiting him this year. This year, Nossie's playing party games with ghosts over at Maurissa Guibord's Haunted House spectacular! Let me know what you think of it!

AND. If that's not enough awesomeness, you can now preorder Bad Taste in Boys on Amazon!

Ahem. Stop. You didn't read that last sentence right. For accuracy, you need to jump up and down hysterically and mash all the words together in a high pitched voice so it sounds kind of like YOUCANNOWPREORDERBADTASTEINBOYSONAMAZONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Much better.

Anyway, this is a whole lot of surreal. Cannot believe it's really happening. Thanks for letting me share it. What good news do you have today? I needs to hear it!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I just pre-ordered my copy--woo hoo! I'm so excited for you, Carrie.

My great day today involves getting my kiddos together with my friends and their kids to see the Wild Oceans movie at the IMAX. It's heaven for a National Geographic nerd like me! Oh, and I get 4 hours of writing time tonight-yay!

K.C. Shaw said...

Preorder squee time!!

I loved that Nosferatu story; can't wait to see what you're doing with that character now. :)

Alissa said...

That's great news! I'll have to head over and read that short story.

Unknown said...

OMG I am so checking out the latest installment of Nossie!!! You know I loved Nosferaut and the Nancy Boys, so I simply cannont resist.

Wait a minute... hold the phone... PREORDER???????? SQUEEEEEEEE! It's happening! It's really happening!!! *Jumps around like a lunatic* Woohoo!!! *people stare* Heck Yeah! *blushing* *still jumping*

Wait is this for your book or mine? Hehe, Congratulations Carrie!!

My good news? I've written 3700 words today. The most I've written in quite sometime!

Anonymous said...

My good news? hmm I'm getting more pages into "Heavenly" and getting caught up on everything feels good

Marsha Sigman said...

My good news:

Being able to pre-order your book!!!!yeahhhhhhh

The day started out better but then once I realized it was Wed. and not Thurs. it dipped slightly.

Claire Dawn said...

Yay for preorders!

Guinevere said...

I'm going to preorder mine tomorrow while I'm at work (It's too late at night to pull out my credit card at Amazon.com, bad things could happen). Can't wait to read it!

Cate Gardner said...

Woot! Woot! Pre-orders rock almost as much as you. :D