Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm Special, and Not in a Stuart Smalley Kind of Way

Woot! I've just received an I Love Your Blog award courtesy of the fabulous Laini Taylor. If you haven't been to her blog yet, you must go, quickly, before you spontaneously combust. I couldn't resist adjusting The Automated Wonder That Is My Blog to respond to this toot sweet.

BTW, whoever came up with the phrase "toot sweet" either has no sense of smell or some serious issues. Or both. Probably both.

Anyway, let us move on to the rules:
1) Add the logo of the award to your blog.

2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you (as shown above).

3) Nominate at least seven other blogs.

4) Add links to those blogs on your blog.

5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.

Now, there are plenty of big time bloggy people that I read, but chances are pretty good that you also know about them, because seemingly everyone in the known universe does. We all sit in awe of their bloggy goodness. So instead of hitting the uber popular blogs that most of you already know about, I've decided to hit on the New Hotness of blogdom. Technically, I think every single blog on this list is older than mine, so they're not new, but... ack. You know what I mean. And if you don't, just pretend. Remember my delicate psyche.

And now, my nominations, weighted heavily toward Blogs That Make Me Snarf:

1. Susan Sandmore: Susan's one of my agency sisters, but don't think for a minute that I'm putting her on this list because I am biased. The woman cracks me up. Try this post on Love and Rocket Boys for size. If you don't laugh, you may be a pod person.

2. Random Acts of Unkindness: Follow the dancing pig on over to Ello's blog. This chick is hilarious. Don't believe me? Read this. Don't drink anything while you're reading it if you know what's good for you.

3. Resident Alien: Let's add a little international type comedy for spice. Witzl has lived in a lot of countries, and if her blog is any indication, she's probably gotten lost in most of them. (I can't talk; I'd get lost in a paper bag with a map and a flashlight.) Try this post on for size.

4. Tales of the Loompa Wrangler: I'm putting this up in the hopes that The Brad will continue posting on his snarfalicious blog, because he keeps taking vacations to work on his manny (i.e., manuscript). You may or may not agree with the politics, but the man is just plain funny.

5. King of the Mutants: This is one of those blogs that's snarfworthy and thought-provoking all at the same time. I only WISH I could come up with ideas like this.

6. PJ Hoover: This one's simple: she seems like the kind of person I'd like to invite to a dinner party. She likes Renaissance Faires, starts conversations about Carrie-the-Stephen-King book, and just seems like an all around cool person.

7. Carrie's Procrastinatory Outlet: Speaking of Carries, she cracks me up. Two simple words: zombie pregnancies.

8. Join the Birdies: I can't resist one last one. Because this reminds me so much of the time my appendix burst, only no one believed me.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

How awesome that you love my blog! I don't think that... anyone has.. *bottom lip doubles in size*... ever...*sniff*... loved... *sniff*.. my blog.

Thanka Carrie! You'r one of the most snarfalicious bloggers I know!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Carrie! I love your blog! And I love the cute little picture of the award.
Hope you're having a great day!

sruble said...

"Toot Sweets" is from the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. It's actually one of the better musical scenes in the movie. Dick Van Dyke's character has made a new candy that doubles as a whistle, thus the name "Toot Sweets." I like the part where they go spinning around on the candy carts.

Congrats on your blog award and thanks for the blog links - will have fun reading them later :0)

Brenda said...

I knew I'd heard of Toot Sweet somewhere before! Thanks sruble...Good movie...

Congrats on the blog award!! I know I've had a few "snarf" moments when reading your blog...grin..

Cate Gardner said...

Congratulations on your blog award - it's real pretty. :)

Carrie Harris said...

Thanks, peeps. I love you all too. Had a heck of a time limiting the field, which is why I went for blogs that made me laugh. Doesn't mean I don't love YOUR blogs too!!!

Susan Sandmore said...

Yay, an award! Thank you, thank you! Too bad I can't nominate you right back!

Mary said...

Oh-la-la, mon ami, toute suite es francais. Toot sweet is the anglicised spelling.

Congrats on your award!

Carrie Harris said...

Welcome, Susan!

And Mary, thank you for helping me! I speak very little French. Like, I can say "do it to me harder, my little love pig." Which hasn't come in handy yet for some reason.

Adrienne said...

Congrats! I may have to check out your nominees (there goes the rest of my day...)

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Why thank you! Thank you very much!!!!! I absolutely love your blog! But I'm beginning to realize we have very similar senses of humor!!! They don't call me the Queen of farts for nothing! ;o)

Carrie Harris said...

Thanks, Adrienne!

Ello, I thought the very same thing. :) Big surprise, eh?

Maverick Mercury said...

Thanks, Carrie. I've never won anything.

I'll hook you up this weekend.

l8r-

g84

the Brad said...

Thanks for the complement! And here I didn't think anyone read my little old blog.

I'm done with the politics for a while (at least as far as going after one side or the other. Now politicians as a whole...they're still fair game).

I dig your blog, and I promise I'll complete the ritual as soon as I can. Right now, work is eating my life.

And not in a good way.