Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Things That Make Me Snarf - Batman and the Foot Fetish

I think Batman is stalking me.

See, I was never half as obsessed with Batman as I am now that you people at The Wonder That Is My Blog have sprained my reality. After the whole Batman eyebrows thing, I started noticing Batman EVERYWHERE. My son wanted to be Batman for Halloween, but I talked him into Superman because I didn't want to be staring at his eyebrows all the time. And then the other night, Slayer was watching TV while I was reading, and I looked up to see this:



Every time I see that video, I alternately snarf stuff out of my nose and stare at Batman's eyebrows. I can't stop with the eyebrows thing now. And really, I was never this obsessed with brows before, and DEFINITELY not obsessed with Batman's eyebrows in particular, but every blinking time I see a superhero these days, I'm checking out his brows. Or hers. Wouldn't want to discriminate against the female superbrow by any means.

It makes me think of this time in college that I gave one of my friends a fetish. We were all hanging out in our dorm room one night playing questions, because it was really an excuse to find out who was crushing on whom so we could make fun of them later. (Woo! We sure were wild and crazy. Ish.) I asked about people's fetishes, and one of my guy friends said that he didn't have any. So I told him I'd give him one for his birthday.

He thought I was kidding. HAH.

So I gave him a foot fetish for his birthday. I told him that it was my gift to him, and he told me it would never happen in a million years, because he wasn't so crazy about feet. HAH again. People should know better than to doubt me. After months of pointing out cute feet to him, he was never the same, and I have two mix tapes from him to prove it. One is called "foot sex" and the other is called "happy feet." Which makes me feel proud and slightly disturbed at the same time.

And when I ran into him a few years ago, he told me he still notices women's feet. I'm glad I didn't try to give him another kind of fetish, because it really worked better than I expected. And now, I've gone and given myself a Batbrow fetish.

I think I might be the Fetish Fairy. Like the tooth fairy, only fetishier.

17 comments:

Tiny T said...

Snarf! You're not the only one. The first thing I did as I was watching the video was look at Batman's eyebrows. Sad really. That and I had to take a test yesterday at the Testing Center and the lady there had penciled eyebrows that made her look constantly surprised. I couldn't help, but look at them!

K.C. Shaw said...

You are a dangerous woman. Be sure to use your powers only for good and not ebil! Or at least, only use them when you can get a good snarf out of it later.

hey, tiny t, I WORK at a testing center! That's weird!

Jim Danielson said...

Robin: "Holy Celery Batman! I think Carrie is subconciously stalking us"

Batman: "Yes, Robin. The Joker is probably using a mind control machine. To the Batcave....."

Cate Gardner said...

I hate feet.

I pity your poor guy friend. :)

TerriRainer said...

OMG, I laughed so hard I actually snorted (okay, so i snort often, so what?).

I'm almost ashamed to say that I wasn't watching eyebrows. I watch teeth. I have a teeth fetish I suppose. Thanks for bringing THAT to my attention....sheesh.

:) Terri

Tiny T said...

K.C. you don't have penciled eyebrows do you 0_o?!?!

Carrie Harris said...

Tiny T: Y'know, it doesn't really surprise me to find out that we have yet one more thing in common. :)

KC: Hey, what's wrong with the forces of ebil? (I'm sorry. I'm the queen of typos myself; this one's just funny.)

Jim: So I'm being controlled by the Joker. Actually, that explains a lot...

Cate: I'm not sure what made me think of feet. Probably it was one of the only fetishy things I could think of that wouldn't squick me out to talk about constantly.

Terri: You have a TEETH fetish? Oooh... you'll have to tell us what makes a good set of chompers.

Fox Lee said...

I prefer butts, myself.

Adrienne said...

Hmm...not sure fetish and obsession are the same thing...
I'm more of an eyelash person, myself ;)

Kelly Polark said...

Handy Manny has awesome eyebrows too! Okay, I'm kidding. But I seriously do notice eyebrows...I wonder if that is my fetish, too...
Let's go back to Jake Ryan's eyebrows!;0)

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Hmmm, what's my fetish??? I'm always crazy about arms. I like really strong arms on my male characters. Weird.

Carrie Harris said...

Natalie: Good choice. :)

Adrienne: I know, but I don't use the word "obsession" too much. It makes me think of the cologne, and I think it smells like yark. I know; I'm strange.

Kelly: My son likes Handy Manny, and thanks to you, I'll be checking out his brows from here on out. Snarf!

Glamis: So all your characters are like Popeye? Sorry, it's a funny mental picture, though. :)

Jamie Eyberg said...

I don't notice eyebrows so much as the eyes themselves. If they are truly freaky eyebrows I might gawk at them longer than I should but I try to stick to the eyes. After that I am prone to notice cleavage. What can I say, I'm a guy.

K.C. Shaw said...

tiny t, my eyebrows have never seen a pencil in their lives! I sort of look like I have two pet caterpillars that live on my forehead.

Brenda said...

I'm like Natalie...I love the look of a nice butt on a man...the way they look in a pair of jeans...yum!

Remind me to tell you how I met my hubs...hint...it has to do with his butt...giggle...

Lina said...

Don't think I have a fetish...Does that mean you are going to have to find me one? I look at different things on people at diffrent times. I do have a Hugh jackamn fetish thou. Does that count?

Carrie Harris said...

Jamie: So what you're saying is that if we had browboobs, you'd notice them more?

KC: SNARF!

Brenda: I knew someone who used to say that she wanted to use Slayer's butt as an end table. I'm not really sure what that means, but I think it's good. ;)

Lina: I think that counts. Particularly if he's done up as Wolverine. YUM!