Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Farewell Committee

I think my funny bone is permanently compromised from lack of sleep. Left screamed until 4 AM this morning. So all I have to say today is that I leave for New York tomorrow, and ain't that kewl?

You're going to New York?!? Awesomesauce! Bye!


Thanks, Richard. It's nice to have my own personal farewell committee. Except that you're only one person, so I guess you don't count as an actual committee. Don't mind me. I'm tired.

New York can be kinda... dangerous.


That's true, Batman, especially for someone as directionally challenged and potentially sleep deprived as I am. Luckily, I know people. I even know people that know people.

Dangerous, schmangerous. If anyone looks at you funny, blast 'em.


We are lucky that I'm too tired to notice if anyone looks at me funny. Very lucky.

18 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

Whoo hoo! New York. Be careful and have a great time!

Are there going to be any zombie plays on broadway? That would be cool.

Kelly Polark said...

Hope you catch some z's on the plane and have an awesome time at the conference!

storyqueen said...

Have the best time ever!!!

Wish I was going, too!

Jamie Eyberg said...

Eat a hot dog in Times Square at midnight for me. Have a blast, take in some theater, and rub elbows with fabulous writer people.

MeganRebekah said...

Hopefully I'll see you there!!

CKHB said...

Loved the shout-out you got in the Kiersten/Natalie vlog today! ZOMBIES.

Jonathon Arntson said...

As soon as I'm done peeing my pants, I'll write something about this post. Okay, bye.

Unknown said...

Have an awesome trip and get some sleep! :)

Natalie Whipple said...

Enjoy your trip! Sleep on the plane.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

LOL! Carrie, you are too funny!

Have the best time ever and get lots of sleep.

Elana Johnson said...

I'm so sorry Left is still screaming. I hope you have a good time in NY and you get lots of sleep!

Valerie Kemp said...

Have fun in NYC! I hope you get some rest!

Larissa said...

As a mom of three who recently attended my first away conference (I left the kiddos with hubby! For three nights!), ENJOY EVERY SINGLE MINUTE!!!

Oh, the joy of sleeping in a soft bed without fear of being jumped on or pushed off in the middle of the night! Oh, the rapture of eating meals and not having people steal my food!

It's a tiny piece of stay-at-home-mom heaven, I tell you. The only thing that would have made it better is if the conference sessions had started at 11 instead of 9. I guess we can't have it all. *sigh*

Fox Lee said...

Very good Chinese food in New York. And a delightful noodle house not too far from Grand Central!

Food: most of the reason to go anywhere.

K.C. Shaw said...

Have a great time!

Mariah Irvin said...

The merpires didn't come to say goodbye? How rude!

Have a good trip :)

Sherrie Petersen said...

Have fun in NY!! So jealous... :)

PJ Hoover said...

Have a great time, Carrie! I can't wait for your report!