Monday, January 4, 2010

WTF Monday, Now With Holiday Recovery Strategies!

Actually, I lied. I have no holiday recovery strategies. But if you do, I'll totally listen.

So, I've got new followers! And people following me on Goodreads! And people listing my book as one that they're looking forward to in 2011! I think I love you, new and lovely people. You look really nice today. You have really good taste. I like your nostrils. You sparkle nice. Don't get me wrong; I love you too, old followers. It's just that I'm a little worried about going overboard. You might thing I'm one of those sparkly vampire stalker types. And obviously, I'm not a vampire.

The other day, Slayer and I went out, all adult-like, and had dinner without children. I always have problems at those dinners, because I have to fight the continual compulsion to lean over and cut up someone's meat and squirt ketchup all over it. But I managed. After dinner, we met up with some friends for drinks. Let's call them Mr. and Mrs. Zombie Penguin, because they random gifted me with one. So I was texting Mr. ZP, because I am just that kewl, and I needed to tell him where we were.

Thrilling story so far, isn't it?

My phone has one of those auto complete functions. So when I typed in the words, "Give me a," it gave me a list of options to complete the sentence. The options?
Baby.
What.
Bearded.

Seriously. The next time you're asking for something, I hope you'll think about the bearded what babies. Because evidently, it's what all the kewl kids are asking for.

13 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

I am just happy my phone dials numbers. Your phone is way kewler than mine.

K.C. Shaw said...

What bearded babies?

Nyuk nyuk. :)

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Funny post, Carrie! You crack me up. :)

Danyelle L. said...

*knits brows*

So, since you're not a vampire, does that mean you're a sparkly stalker? O:)

Long live zombie penguins!

Natalie Whipple said...

All my babies were born with beards.

Elana Johnson said...

Oooh, you got to go out without the kidlets? That's amazing. Congrats!

PJ Hoover said...

Go you! You are totally kewl!
And those dinners are always a bit strange for me, too. I'm never sure what to do with myself.

Larissa said...

Thanks for the laugh, Carrie!

Fox Lee said...

Penguins are great in any form!

Brenda said...

I've been away for awhile and come back to read about bearded babies on your blog...boy, I've missed this...grin...

Sandra Leigh said...

I do look forward to reading your book, Carrie, and I'm glad you like my nostrils. I'm rather proud of them.

Kelly Polark said...

Your new blog mascot should be a bearded baby!
My phone is dull, dull, dull!

Tracy Loewer said...

Thanks for noticing that I sparkle. Husbands never notice that sort of thing, and it's so nice to be appreciated once in a while, you know?