Tuesday, March 10, 2009

10,000 Hitaroonies

I find it difficult to believe that we've already reached 10,000 hits on The Wonder That Is My Blog. There are a few reasons for my surprise:

1. I don't count myself in the tally. Which means that there are 10,000 people out there who also find Richard Simmons and Zom Cruise freaking hilarious. This gives me hope for the world.

2. The Wonder That Is My Blog is only six months old. And it took me about two months to figure out the site meter thingy. Which is really pitiful when you consider that I once taught computer classes to college students.

3. Because I am easily surprised. Not a good characteristic in a ninja, which is why I've had my 8th que green belt for about two years now.

This is a semi-momentous occasion. (Ahem. I tried to come up with a combo of semi and momentous and ended up with sementous, which sounds vaguely pervy. Or is it just me?) In honor of said sementousness (I couldn't resist), here are some of my favorite moments.

My Newest Bestseller: The Ochre One

Holy Scary Eyebrows, Batman!

The Sweater Vest from You-Know-Where

The Worst Pickup Line Ever

I Swear


And if you missed it, please check out this week's contest! There's a giftcard and Wonder That Is My Blog prize pack up for grabs.

22 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Favorite moments are always nice, and you have some great ones!

Hanna Banana said...

Sementous (snickering and giggling)... You should write the Snarf dictionary for all the words that should be in Websters' but aren't.

Jamie Eyberg said...

Momentous indeed!
Congratulations on your success and as long as you keep us laughing and guessing we will keep coming!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Congrats on the big numbers! I've hit over 7k on mine. Weird. You have 10k because you make everyone snarf. And who wouldn't want that!?

Captain Hook said...

Congrats!!

Corey Schwartz said...

Carrie, that is awesome! And just think... all 10,000 of us can buy your book when it comes out :)

Kelly Polark said...

Congrats, Carrie! There are a lot of Batman Eyebrow loving people out there! I'm glad to be a daily hit in those 10,000!

Kiersten White said...

Congratulations! My evil, undead unibrow is waggling in tinky-winky celebration, you awesome laa-laa, you.

By the way, your present is in the mail...it's a sweater vest with a dancing bunny.

And admit it--not only did that pickup line work, you're now married to the guy. And he's got a unibrow, and you have three beautiful little unibrowed children, and what a sementous life it is.

Natalie Whipple said...

Wow, that's a lot of hitaroonies. That word, for some reason, makes me hungry.

Fox Lee said...

What's a site meter?

Tara Maya said...

Congradulations!

Brenda said...

Congrats on the 10,000 hits!!! Your blog always makes me smile/laugh/snarf...or all three at once...grin...

Here's to many, many, many more hits!

Cate Gardner said...

Congratulations. I used to check my stat counter religiously, but now I only check it seven times a day. :)

Adrienne said...

Congrats! That's a lot of hitaroonies!

K. M. Walton said...

Nice going, Carrie. Your endlessly hilarious posts make me smile every time. Thanks for all of the funny.

Sherrie Petersen said...

I'm still trying to find/figure out a site meter...hints? tips?

Whirlochre said...

10,000 hits, and none of them mine.

Truly, I'm a schmuck terrible.

K.C. Shaw said...

Congrats!

Wait, there's a site meter for Blogger? Cool!

Caryn Caldwell said...

Congrats on all the hits! Not a surprise, though. After all, who doesn't like to laugh?

Tabitha said...

Congrats!! If I could get you a gift, it would be ESP so those nasty surprises wouldn't make being a ninja so difficult. Guess I better get started shopping cause who knows where I'm gonna find ESP... :)

Unknown said...

Carrie's Greatest Hits! :)

Congrats on the readership!!

Carrie Harris said...

Thanks, everybody!

There's no official site meter for Blogger as far as I know. I use a site meter called... well, Site Meter. :) After you sign up, they give you code to paste into your blog. Then you can check your hits by going to their site or have them emailed to you. I like it because you can find out how people get to your site so you can drop by people who link to you and say thanks.

When you remember to check it, that is. ;)