Monday, March 30, 2009

Things That Make Me Snarf - All Your Base Are Belong To Us

First off, a public service announcement: Proof your Blogger posts! It's important! If I didn't proof mine, you would be reading "Thongs That Make Me Snarf," which is funny but not entirely accurate. Actually, it's not accurate at all.

Anyway, I'd like to revisit a classic Thing That Makes Me Snarf this week. You've probably already seen it, but if not, let me give you a little perspective. This bit is from a computer game, and it helps to prove the importance of hiring a good translator.



It made me think. Because we all know from last week that the aliens have evidently lost interest in bases and are moving on to pants. The aliens posted a comment on The Wonder That Is My Blog informing us that all our pants are belong to them. And then there's the ninja. They steal our socks all the time.

That's when I realized: supernatural creatures are in a conspiracy to make us all nudists.

And yeah, I just called ninjas "supernatural." You want to argue? Slayer ran up a sheer rock face to save me from bees. That's pretty freaking supernatural if you ask me.

What's next? The merpires will come out of the woodwork... er... waterwork and steal our cravats? Is no cravat safe from the insidious merpires?!? And then the demons will take all our lacy petticoats, and the werefairies will take our concert t-shirts, and we'll all have to walk around wearing barrels.

I've decided that I'm going to foil their devious plot by duct taping all of my clothes to my body. Take that, you cravat-coveting merpires!

13 comments:

Tabitha said...

Hmm, I wonder if the underpants gnomes from South Park are working with the aliens, demons, werefaires and such. Apparently, underwear can get you world dominiation. I think I will join you in duct taping my clothes to my body. Or at least my underwear. :)

Anyway, you must come visit my blog because there's prize goodiness waiting for you!

K.C. Shaw said...

Ah, the classics of the internets! They set us up the bomb!

I'm just worried that the trolls are going to steal our barrels. Maybe I'll break out the duct tape too.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Are the barrels even safe? Maybe if we all wear identical ugly shiny jumpsuits nobody will want them. Maybe even we won't. Nudist might be the way to go. :)

The Aliens said...

you think duct tape will stop us?

even the silver sticky stuff cannot withstand our superior alien technology.

Natalie Whipple said...

Ninjas are totally supernatural. I have proof, but if I try to share it, a ninja will kill me before I even type it out.

Aaron Polson said...

All those classic games had some serious translation issues. Ah...the good ol' days...

Carrie Harris said...

Tabitha: Ooooh. I hadn't thought of that. Got distracted by the prize goodiness! :)

KC: You're going to duct tape your barrel? Wow. You're hard core.

Glamis: I dunno. Shiny jumpsuits attract Zom Cruise. At least there's only one of him, but it's still a big risk.

Aliens: So what you're saying is that all our duct tape belong to you? Didn't you go to kindergarten? You have serious sharing problems!

Natalie: Yeah, but at least you know how to share. Dumb aliens.

Fox Lee said...

That video angered Roman, he won't stop barking!

Unknown said...

I'm with Tabitha. I think it's a pyramid scheme made by the Underpants Gnomes.

Great, now I'll be singing their song all day!

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

no wonder you are a writer :)

Mariah Irvin said...

I'm not sure that I'm into the duct tape thing. I kinda hurts when it gets ripped off. Or so I hear.

Kiersten White said...

I still remember when my then very little brother discovered this, and watched it on repeat about a hundred times, and giggled EVERY SINGLE TIME.

It was funnier than the video, which is saying something. After all, somebody set us up the bomb!

Stephen Duncan said...

That video was AWESOME.