Friday, March 20, 2009

Things That Make Me Snarf - Bubba Cola

This week's Thing That Makes Me Snarf comes courtesy of one of my old lunch buddies. And no, he didn't send it to me: he's in it.



Yep. I used to have lunch all the time with the narrator. It was me, him, and Bringerofbrains. We brainstormed sessions of a radio show called "Bill, Dead Guy" together.

And really, you haven't heard anything until you've heard me on a radio show going, "Bill, would you move your hand? You're so NAUGHTY!" and Bill going "BEEEEEEEEEEP," which was his only line of dialogue.

The heart monitor. Flatline. Get it?

Har de har.

So for all you people wondering why on earth I turned out the way I did, it's quite simple. I blame it all on my friends. Slayer's no better. We spent last night's American Idol brainstorming good songs for Bob Dole to sing, since he always refers to himself in the third person. My favorite was "Don't Let The Sun Go Down on Bob Dole." Although "Blame Bob Dole on the Rain" has a nice ring to it, as does "Bob Dole's Hump."

Having said that, I do not want to picture Bob Dole's lovely lady lumps. But I am, and I'm sharing the love with you. Aren't you glad you visited my blog today?

14 comments:

Vicky Alvear Shecter said...

Yes, I am glad i visited your blog today. That was HILARIOUS! Thanks for posting.

Kelly Polark said...

Funny video!
Did you hear the 80's Bob Dole song, Pour Some Sugar on Bob Dole?

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Your blog is my source of smiles in the morning, you know!

Unknown said...

I like this game...

Fox Lee said...

Ewwwwwwwwwww

Kiersten White said...

I really enjoyed Bob's emo phase. Most of his Death Cab for Bob Dole songs are priceless. I especially like Bob Dole Will Possess Your Heart.

I think I would actually watch American Idol if I could watch it with you and Slayer.

Carrie Harris said...

Vicky: Glad you liked it, and thanks for visiting!

Kelly: It's about as bad as his 60s anthem, Bob Dole Gets Around.

Glamis: I'm here to serve, my friend. :)

Kristy: Further proof that you're as twisted as I am...

Natalie: Ditto. But it's funny ewww.

Kiersten: Next time you happen to be driving through Michigan, you let me know. We'll have a bad TV party.

Anne Spollen said...

This explains so much. So much...

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

all i can say is: snarf!

Mariah Irvin said...

I guess I should start watching American Idol if I want to keep up with you guys.

Suzanne Casamento said...

I'm gonna have to get me some Bubba Cola.

Jeremy D Brooks said...

Bob Dole's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

Fact.

Tara Maya said...

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.

Brenda said...

Thanks for the laugh! Hubs is always wondering what is wrong with me when I read your blog...I'm always laughing out loud...grin...