Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Things That Make Me Snarf - My Humps

All that talk about Bob Dole's Humps made me think about this week's Thing That Makes Me Snarf.



I think there should be a whole CD full of remixes of My Humps, because Alanis is on to something there. Of course Bob Dole would be on it. And who wouldn't pay to see Richard Simmons' version? Ozzy Osborne would do a nice expletive-laden take on it. The Batson would argue that no CD would be complete without Billy Idol and his lip curl. And who could forget the Harlem Boys Choir's Humps?

I am going to hell. I'm sure of it.

Also, I feel compelled to point out that, due to overwhelming request (i.e., one person wrote to me), I've changed the comments settings to allow anonymous people without Blogger accounts to have their say. So rock on with your non-Blogger using selves out there.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The eerie thing is that she still sounds amazing even when she's only making fun of someone. Another great video similar to this one is Obadiah Parker's version of "Hey Ya". Check it out on YouTube.

Scillius Maximus said...

Nahhh Carrie. You're not going to hell.

But you might get an extra week or two in Purgatory.

Aaron Polson said...

I'm with Barry. I think most of Alanis's songs are a bit silly (Ironic?), but her voice is killer.

PJ Hoover said...

Billy Idol's lip curl is timeless.

Bryan B. said...

There are a lot more hell-worthy actions out there.

Namely, being a Twilight fan.

I should know. I've got learning in this matter.

Kelly Polark said...

Alanis does have an amazing voice. This is too funny! I do like some of Fergie's songs, but they are definitely easy to make fun of!
In my aunt's neighborhood in Arizona there is a yellow sign that says "Humps" before a few bumps in the road. My mom and I always have to sing "My Humps" when we drive by it. You just gotta!

Jamie Eyberg said...

I have no point of reference for this song. (Still stuck in 90's grunge rock) I really need to expand my musical horizons. She does have a good voice though.

Natalie Whipple said...

Wow. That's...I don't even know...wow.

Unknown said...

Oh shi* Carrie, for the first minute there I just prayed this was a joke. For goodness sake, you almost gave me a heart attack.

Kiersten White said...

Dude.

Awesome.

I was under the impression that we were both already in hell, in which case, why not enjoy a little parody?

Fox Lee said...

That song freaks me out, all I can think about is hunchbacks!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

That video is just freaky weird. Ahem. Very.