Thursday, March 5, 2009

The (Semi) Secret Order of the Blog Ninja

Okay, I finally caved. We all know how good I am at resisting temptation. Know how I've been giving all of these imaginary badges out to people? The badges are no longer imaginary.

Bow down before my wack badge designing skilz!

Er... yeah. Anyway, I was calling people Bestish Friendish before, but I've changed things a little. So without further ado, I introduce you to the (Semi) Secret Order of the Blog Ninja! Because really, if you could be my best friend (ish) or you could belong to a secret organization where you get to wear black pajamas and skulk around on rooftops, isn't the choice pretty simple?

Don't worry. I'd be a pajama ninja too.

So far, I think that the members of the (Semi) Secret Order of the Blog Ninja are:

*Scillius Maximus the Great (fo' shizzle), for loaning me his laptop, aka The Beast
*Lady Glamis, for recommending Jasper Fforde
*Hanna Banana, for the intel about the book of crocheted ninjas

The three of you can, if you like, take a copy of the badge and put it on your blog, except for Scillius, who doesn't have one. But anyway, want to join this motley crew and throw virtual shuriken at each other? (Yeah, that's my idea of fun. So what?) I'm always in need of funny videos for Things That Make Me Snarf, silly bits related to Richard Simmons, zombies, ninjas, or some combination thereof, and things like that. So the next time you run into something that you think I'd like, email me. My address is on my profile. If I use it on the blog, you'll be inducted into this group of highly respected and likely very insane people.

Last but not least, have you heard about the fabulous contest over at Market My Words? The winner gets a design for a new website. You should go check it out, but be warned: if you snatch the prize out from under me, it'll be ninja attack time.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

So cool....but can your (semi) secret ninjas best my (nonexistent) secret ninjas?!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I am DEEPLY honored.

*runs over to add badge onto her blog RIGHT AWAY*

Ahem. I mean "SNEAKS" over to add badge. Ninjas don't run. Right?

Hanna Banana said...

Kewl Beans!! Thanx!

Unknown said...

*Busy coveting the badge*

Fox Lee said...

I'm a Shaolin monk woman ; ) Although I did love the movie "Taboo."
Wait...that was samurai. *sigh* Well, I tried.

Scillius Maximus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scillius Maximus said...

I'm deeply honored.

I'd like to begin by thanking the Academy . . .err Society, because without all your votes, I mean support, without your support I would not be up here tonight to accept this most prestigious award.

Instead I would probably be either playing PS3 the Forced Unleashed (Ninja's Dig Lightsabers!), or I'd be planning my next sock drawer raid.

Thank you again. All I can say is that I hope to continue to live up to this award.

Hmmm, of course it could be really fun if you to try take it back because I end up no living up to it . . . I'll have to think about this.

Kiersten White said...

GAH! How did I lose your blog? After I wrote you that junior high note and everything. You are going on my sidebar immediately. I'm not going to forget about this genius again.

Shame on me.

K.C. Shaw said...

Something to aspire to! Although since I find all my funny videos via Boing Boing, you might as well just make them a (Semi) Secret Order of the Blog Ninja member. I understand they already do the pajama ninja thing, or maybe that's just Cory Doctorow.

Sherrie Petersen said...

Oooohhhh, I can only hope to be that cool someday... :^)

Natalie Whipple said...

Okay...new here, but ninjas, zombies, VAMPIRE MERMEN? Where have you been all my life? All you need are cyborgs and we'd be, like, twins. No, the SAME person. (What? I'm getting creepy, ack, sorry-ish.)

Just finished writing a book about ninjas (they wear navy blue, silly, black is too dark!), and I've written a zombie love story. Okay, anyway. I have a video for you. Please bless that I can be part of this Order. It is my new goal in life.

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

what? you mean I don't get a badge????

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Wait, I demand entry! I'm a ninja too! Ok, so I'm not flexible, I can't throw for shit, but I got a wicked kick and uppercut. Doesn't that count? Plus I think I've made you hurl a couple of times. That definitely counts!!!!

~Jamie said...

YOU are responsible for the semi secret order of the blog ninja? GASP!

A Pen In Neverland: Angela Peña Dahle said...

Oh stealth in pajamas! No way! Gotta love it!

Sara Raasch said...

MASSIVE BRAIN FART GOES TO:

Me.

Because all this time I'd see Natalie's SSOOTBN (Semi Secret Order of the Blog Ninja, but I prefer to say Ssootbn) banner on her blog and I'd get super jealous because I WANTED A SSOOTBN TOO but couldn't figure out how to get one BUT ALL THIS TIME I'VE BEEN IN THE ORDER.

That's the mark of a truly ninja-like ninja club. That even the members DON'T KNOW THEYRE IN IT.

*scampers off to smack head into wall*