Monday, April 13, 2009

Twilight Parody Week

Minor update: We have a new minivan. His name is Helsing. In my spare time, I plan to run over vampires with it.

So last week, when I was checking my visitor stats, I learned that I am second in the Google results for good ideas for a Twilight parody. You know what this means; you remember what happened when I became obsessed with my quest for Batman eyebrow domination.

I must prove my parodical superiority.

So this week shall be Twilight parody week, just so I can see what a week's full of entries on the subject will do to my standings. You know what this means: a week of hot merpire action! We may even have a wet t-shirt contest.

Now, the first thing that's got to happen is a title, because I cannot continue to call it The Twilight Parody. I've got a couple of ideas...
Merpire Lite (hmm... sounds like a beer, doesn't it?)
Twannabes
Ochre Twilight
Just Drown Her Already

Votes? Suggestions? We already know how horrid I am at titles, so give me a little help here in the name of all that is good and Twilight parodish.

19 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

Twannabes has my vote. I don't think I would drink the Merpire Lite.

Unknown said...

How about...

Twilight: Now with Ninjas


Cuz that's something I'd actually read. Ninjas are about the only thing that could save Twilight, IMO.

Natalie Whipple said...

Sweet, this is going to be an awesome week. I can feel it.

Hm, titles.

If you're going for some drama:
As The Tide Turns

If you're going for obvious:
Twilight...But Not

If you're going for cocky:
The Better Version of That One Vampire Book

If you're going for wordplay:
Tidelight

I'll be back. I can generate silly titles all day.

Natalie Whipple said...

Oh, more titles:

New Shore, Monsoon, Breaking Waves

Kelly Polark said...

I bet you'll get even more major hits with this!
Hmmm, I'm not great with titles either...
Breaking Waves at Dawn
New Moon on Merpire Monday (oh, wait that's a Duran Duran song...)

Scillius Maximus said...

I thought it was already called Twlight.


Suggestions:

Twi-Lite - Lesser Calories. Same Great Taste. (Which means you can read more and not get fat, right?)

Ochres, and Sparkly's, and Undead Things Oh My!

Fun with Ward & Ellba (a la Dick and Jane)

This last one is not bad. You could have such lines as: SEE WARD SPARKLE IN THE SEA or maybe RUN ELLBA RUN

** Odd one: My word verification today is 'bargod'. Bot you can this one many ways none of them that good ;-)

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Wow, people have better ideas than me, LOL. I like Twannabes. :)

K.C. Shaw said...

Ooh, goodie, this is going to be a fun week! I'm bad with titles too, but I think you should mention sparklies in there somewhere.

Kiersten White said...

Dielight?

Oh, I'm loving Nat's Tidelight!

Traci said...

Dusk? :-D

Congrats on the minivan. Let the hot vampires live though! :-)

Mariah Irvin said...

You can be number one, Carrie! I can't wait to see what you're up to this week.

I vote for Natalie's titles!

Carrie Harris said...

Y'all are good. I kind of agree that there should be a sparkle in there somewhere.

Hmmm... must keep thinking.

Scillius Maximus said...

Hmm. Add Sparkles.

How about Twinkle+light=Twinklight or Twinklite?

Keri Mikulski said...

Twannabes :)

Enjoy your new minivan. :)

Natalie Whipple said...

You want Sparkles? Alright, let's explore that. (Did I mention I used to spend hours generating ridiculous titles for a college magazine?)

Tide of Sparkles

Sparkle on the Water

Sparkling Dawn

Sparkling Scales in My Baby Pool

The Eclipse Took My Sparkles

Moon Sparkles

Besparkled

What? I should stop? Oh, fine. This is what happens when I finish a WIP...what to do, what to do.

Fox Lee said...

Yay on the new van!

Unknown said...

Mer-juice
Mwhahaa!!
Ok I had to say it. I'm crap at titles as well.

Scillius Maximus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scillius Maximus said...

Twannabes
(w/Sprinkles!)


That's sparklie, right?