Thursday, September 23, 2010

Help Me, Shambling Hordes!

I got the coolest thing in the mail yesterday from one of my crit group mates, Laura Riken, whose book Cybernetic comes out in 2012 from Disney/Hyperion. And it's SO. GOOD. Laura sent me a copy of this:

Zombies and cupcakes. Just as good as chocolate and peanut butter. Maybe even as good as chicken and telephones.


The only problem with this is that now I have to decide which ones to make first. The Day of the Dead skulls? Eyeball cupcakes? Zombie hands? Help me, shambling hordes. I need guidance.

Also, last night at dinner, I found myself saying, "Honey, my armpit has nothing to do with my power to keep you safe," to my son. We were talking about superpowers. And mutants. Anyway, I'm adding that to the list of sentences I never thought would cross my lips.

That's all.

10 comments:

storyqueen said...

Day of the Dead Skulls!!

And you have to post a picture of them after you make them.

I bet zombies like cupcakes better than brains.

Shelley

Lisa Potts said...

Yes, do post pics. I love cupcakes, and books about cupcakes, and zombies. Sorry, I'm rambling again.

Beth Fred said...

Day of the Dead Skulls! As for armpit statement, wow. Just wow.

Claire Dawn said...

Oh! My armpit! Loving it! :)

Tere Kirkland said...

I'm gonna go with the herd, the Dia de los Muertes skulls! Pictures please.

LOL, I love to hear about the funny things your son makes you say. ;)

K.C. Shaw said...

Eyeball cupcakes, totally. Because who doesn't love eating eyeballs, as long as they taste like cupcakes?

Also, you can imagine the cupcake watching your teeth coming closer and closer, and imagine it thinking, "I have no mouth yet I must scream," which is both cool and pop-culturey and really weird.

I haven't had any caffeine yet today, can you tell?

Shannon O'Donnell said...

ROFL!!! Oh, my gosh - I just busted a gut in front of my students. You are going to get me in trouble one of these days with your posts! :-)

P.S. I vote for Zombie Hands!

Marsha Sigman said...

They all sound good to me, although I am partial to eyeballs.

I also said something last night that I thought I would never say.
"Stop licking the TV!"

It's a long story.

Amber said...

I think you should go for a mixture of zombie hands and eyeballs. Why play by only one rule when you can mix?

abby mumford said...

eyeballs cupcakes, hands down.

sentences i'd never thought would cross my lips? "at least it was a root canal and not a broken finger." yes, i tweeted that earlier today. so technically it didn't cross my lips so much as my fingers. but you get the idea.