Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Very Serious Television Commentary


Have you seen the commercials for that 'HawthoRNe' show on TNT? I'm talking about the one with Jada Pinkett Smith, where she stands pensively beside a bedside one moment and then gets arrested the next. And as they drag her down the hallway, she keeps screaming, "I'm a nurse! I'm a NURSE!!!"

Which is all very realistic. Trust me. My husband is a doctor; I know these things.

Anyway, every time the commercial comes on, Slayer says that he doesn't read it as the name 'Hawthorne,' but as...

Wait for it.

'Hot Ho RN.'

Personally, I think this is a little wishful thinking on his part. We have a standing deal that when we both get old, he'll be allowed to have a cute young nurse, and I'll be allowed to have a cute young poolboy. Apparently, his nurse will be named Hot Ho RN.

My poolboy is feeling neglected. I didn't realize I was supposed to give him a cutesy nickname. Why don't people tell me these things? And does the nickname need to follow the 'Hot Ho RN' formula? Because if it does, my poolboy will be named 'Hot Stud PB,' which sounds like a very inappropriate circus act involving cowboys and peanut butter. And what kind of applicants do you think I'm going to get if I advertise on Craigslist for a Hot Stud PB?

Scary. Scary, scary, scary.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes. Hot stud PB. brings about awful visions of peanut butter and pool water.

Wv: underie

Jamie Eyberg said...

I plan on being my wife's hot poolboy. I just hope her vision of a hot poolboy is a middle aged guy with a few wrinkles on his face and a thinning head of hair.

Barry Napier said...

ANOTHER nurse/doctor show? This one should have an episode with sharks wherein the nurses jump over them.

B.J. Anderson said...

Lol, I think the name of the show is really a subliminal message to get men to watch the Hot Ho RN. Very clever, TNT.

Natalie Whipple said...

I would recommend not putting Hot Stud PB into a google search. Of course, now that I mentioned that...I'm sure you will.

Paul Michael Murphy said...

I'm sick of medical dramas. You know what we need? More shows with lawyers. There aren't enough of those.

PJ Hoover said...

College was all about cute nicknames. Not so much now, but maybe it's time to start this line of thinking again!

Cate Gardner said...

Good to know slayer is as insane as you.

Carrie Harris said...

Jeremy: Doesn't it? Those are two tastes that do NOT taste great together.

Jamie: So can I call you PB from now on?

Barry: Frankly, I think just about any show would be better with sharks.

BJ: Isn't it clever? I can't think of any other shows that are so subtly pervy.

Natalie: I am the first result for Hot Stud PB, and rightfully so. And then it's all videos and pix. Le sigh.

Paul: I'd like a show in which some lawyers and doctors were shut in a room together with nerf weapons.

PJ: I haven't really matured since college, so I'm still all about the nicknames. :)

Cate: No kidding. I couldn't stand to be married to a tool.

SlayerOfBees said...

Not "Hot Ho RN" but "Hawt Ho RN" just as it is spelled - Hawt HoRN(e) - you know like how Paris Hilton says it!

I had to clarify.

Fox Lee said...

Mmm. Pool boys.

Anonymous said...

Hawt Horn(e).

Egads!

Where was the blog post that had an author being robbed, and she threw her hands in the air and screamed, "Don't kill me, I'm a writer!" Was that here? I aspire for that mindset!

-Mercedes

Tiny T said...

Is it possible to have a PB without a pool?

I can just see a tanned, oiled up PB with nothing to do wearing an orche speedo that sparkles, twiddling his thumbs sitting in your living room. Oh and he'll have an afro like Richard Simmons.

And now to get the brain scrubber...

Danyelle L. said...

Nerf weapons make everything better. O:)