Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Trivial Pursuit at the Harris House

The other night, Slayer and I played a game of Trivial Pursuit. For some strange reason, every time we play, we end up with these themes. Does this happen to anyone else? Like, I remember one time we played and had like five questions about Chuck Norris. (Not exaggerating. Fer real.) So of course we got silly and starting answering "Chuck Norris" to everything.

Slayer: In which state can you find the cities Ooby Gooby, Whosie Whatsit, and You're-Never-Going-to-Answer-This-Question-Right-You-Idiot?

Me: CHUCK NORRIS! The 51st state!

And then I collapsed into giggles at my own joke, which is not even that funny unless you've been playing for about a half hour, and the answer to every question in the green category is Chuck Norris. I'm not so good with green. The other night, I was lucky enough to get a horsie question for the win.

Anyway, we've had a lot of Trivial Pursuit themes, but our newest one takes the prize for most awesome-slash-disturbing. The other night, we had a two different topics that kept coming up in questions. The first was Tazmania. The second?

Enemas.

You know me. I can't resist playing word games, and if you give me two random things that do not go well together at all, I will combine them into a new and interesting term. (Interesting to me, anyway.) Remember squarts?

Squid Pop Tarts. You had to be there.

Yes, I'm getting to the point. The point is:

Tazmania + enemas = Tazmanema

I'm not sure what a Tazmanema would involve, and I don't want to know. But the idea of it makes me laugh so hard. And of course, then we started coming up with names for enemas around the world, and maybe there could be an Enema of the Month Club, and...

Must stop before I embarrass myself further.

Yeah, Slayer and I are made for each other. If you ever meet one of us, say the word "Tazmanema," and you're guaranteed a snarf or two.

16 comments:

K.C. Shaw said...

I've played Trivial Pursuit lots of times, and I don't think enemas has come up even once. Maybe you have the special Carrie version? That's sort of frightening.

Barry Napier said...

oooh, a new nonsensical way to play Trivial Pursuit...maybe now my wife will be more open to playing!

Alan W. Davidson said...

Hmm...Canadanema...the great Brown North...

Jamie Eyberg said...

You weren't playing the disney version were you?

BT said...

Tasmanian's are the poor cousins who are constantly the butt of mainlanders jokes here in Oz. There is the constant taunts about the Map of Tassie (imagine what the map of Tas would like like if you turned it upside down and placed it somewhere on a female's body), and just about every other joke has something to do with either mass murder or inbreeding - yes, we are not very nice to them, but we do it with love. Honestly, the captain of our national cricket team is from there so we must love some of them, and if you love one, you love the whole family...

I digress...

Tazmanema: I believe was a very popular name on the island for the fifth daughter of the your aunt's second cousin's brother as long as he married your great grandad's second sister's ninth bastard's daughter.

I hope that clears things up.

:c)

Elana Johnson said...

First off, kudos to you for even playing Trivia Pursuit. I absolutely hate that game. But maybe I wouldn't if every answer was Chuck Norris or I got to discuss enemas! ROTFL!

Kelly Polark said...

You need to shuffle the cards first, Carrie! ;)
I love Trivial Pursuit. My family gets pretty darn competitive.

Natalie Whipple said...

This reminds me of playing Compatibility with my friends. Some of those cards were so hilarious I had to put them down even if they had nothing to do with the theme.

Freaky thing was my friends often picked the same weirdo cards. We were so compatible...

PJ Hoover said...

You crack me up! Man, I could go for a good game of Trivial Pursuit!

storyqueen said...

Well, you know, Chuck Norris isn't afraid of the dark....The dark is afraid of Chuck Norris.

(I wonder if Chuck Norris is afraid of enemas, or if enemas are afraid of Chuck Norris.)

storyqueen said...

If you don't believe me about chuck norris....check out www.chucknorrisfacts.com

Davin Malasarn said...

Perhaps a Tazmanema is what you need if you've been eating too many squarts?

Carrie Harris said...

KC: Frightening? Come on. You know that if you found Carrie Harris Trivial Pursuit in the store, you would totally buy it. It's kind of like a car crash; you just can't walk away without giving it a good look first.

Barry: Oh yes. Trivial Pursuit minus the trash talk and random silliness is not half as fun. I also like to find the funniest answer on the back of the card and pretend it's the real answer. Slayer LOVES that.

Alan: I snarfed at that, and now I'm ashamed of myself. ;)

Jamie: Nope. That would have been Disnenema.

BT: That clears things up very well, thanks. Must go somewhere and giggle to myself for a while.

Elana: Well, I guess that means that the next time you're in the neighborhood, you should come to our house and play with us!

Kelly: Is that what I'm doing wrong? So what you're saying is that they print all the enema-themed cards together? Snarf.

Natalie: Oh, that's how you know you're among friends. Kinda like when you make enema jokes and everyone else just jumps on in.

PJ: I love trivia. It's just too much fun. Especially when you can get a good laugh out of it.

Storyqueen: Thank you! I meant to link this as a part of the post and totally forgot!

Davin: It all fits together frighteningly well, doesn't it?

Fox Lee said...

I made the mistake of playing strip-trivial pursuit once. I'm very bad at trivial pursuit.

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

usokrazy - you so crazy! does that work?

Sherrie Petersen said...

Next time I have a big party, I want you there. I think you could make the most miserable gathering fun 8)

Enemas and squarts, two word that should never be together...