Friday, July 24, 2009

The Sequel Secret

Has anyone else seen the commercials for Fast and Furious, the sequel to The Fast and the Furious? This has got to be the best idea for a sequel yet: just recycle the old movie, but take out all the instances of the word "the."

Vin Diesel: Dude! That car is bomb!

Hot chick: No, Vin. You are bomb.

Vin Diesel: What heck are you talking about? Of course I am bomb. I am Vin Diesel.

It's particularly funny if you read it in a pseudo computerized voice. Mine sounds disturbingly like All Your Base Are Belong to Us.

I'm thinking about writing an unauthorized sequel to Twilight using exactly this method. Think anyone would notice?

Next week is Question Week! What do you want to know? Ask in the comments; if I can't answer, my Magic 8 Ball probably can.

12 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

Who did come up with the 24 hour day? What sense does that make? (I know 2 questions, but I really want to know)

Kiersten White said...

I am going to leave all my comments without using the.

What was first thing you noticed about Slayer that you liked?

When did you decide he was One?

What made you decide to write for young adults?

And finally,

WHAT CRAP, UNIVERSE?? WHY????

K.C. Shaw said...

Or you could just add more thes, like "Attack of the the Eye Creatures" did.

Here's my question: What's the big deal about urban fantasy? Because I keep reading it and I keep getting annoyed with it. But I keep reading it.

Natalie Whipple said...

Why is my husband consistently annoyed my child actors?

Jim Danielson said...

Did the people living on Pluto take away Earth's status as a planet to get even with us?

Elana Johnson said...

That is too funny! Soy bomb is a song on Guitar hero and it immediately came to mind when I read "I am bomb." LOL.

Sherrie Petersen said...

Omigosh! (The) stuff they can get away with in movies!

Okay, questions, hmmm...

Have you ever posted an exerpt of "Superbly Useless"? I'd love to read it...

As the Query Ninja, have you ever posted the query that landed you with Kate? I know it's good and I'd love to read it too...

And finally, what kind of a name is Slayer for a doctor? I'm thinking I would be pretty nervous to show up for an appointment with him!

Have a good weekend.

storyqueen said...

What is your current writing project....???

If you can't spill for superstitious reason, give us something, even if it's ambiguous

Danyelle L. said...

Why do early mornings exist?

What's your favorite flavor of jelly bean?

Anonymous said...

Noooo, we can't take out all instances of "the" because then our nicknames would be screwed! You'd be Harr, I'd be Yard and our monosyllabic names would force our vocabularies to regress. Life would not be a beautiful thing a-tall!

"Hey, Harr."

"Hey Yard."

"Big words...hard."

"Uggghh."

I proposer that we just put "er" on the end of everything. Maybe even more than once. "Fasterer and Furiouserer."

-Mercedes

K. M. Walton said...

Are you a Summer or Winter?

lin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.