Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Random Weekend Highlights

It's been an insane couple of days here at La Casa de Harris, and when you realize that we operate at a relatively mid-sized level of insanity on a regular basis, it becomes clear that we're talking major craziness here. A few highlights:

Went to the Renn Faire yesterday. I now have two of the only two year olds in existence who run around yelling, "God save the queen!" Right actually yelled it in her sleep. (Side note: my twins are called Left and Right, based on their initials... it's a handy way to tell who is who in pictures since they're bleeping identical.)

Got hennaed at the Renn Faire. Henna was on ankle. Henna wasn't drying fast enough for tired and hungry children. Which is why you could have found me yesterday, standing in the middle of a busy thoroughfare with one ankle pulled up to my mouth, blowing furiously on it, and hopping up and down to maintain my balance. Someone may or may not have taken a picture. Said someone may or may not have thought I was a really shoddy entertainer at the faire.

God save the queen!

Had Tiny T and another friend over for games and such. At one point, I remember exclaiming, "Jesus saved my butt growth!" The saddest part is that this wasn't a non sequitor at all; it made perfect sense based on the conversation.

It's the Batson's first day or school tomorrow. I ask him, "What do you want to wear?" He says, "A tattoo." Something tells me my child will be popular this year. He'll be the only tattooed nudist in kindergarten, that's for sure.

16 comments:

Tiny T said...

"God save the queen and repent your butt growth!"

Haha, still makes me laugh :D

Natalie Whipple said...

I kinda want to go to a Renn Faire now. And Batson will totally be popular! Even kindy girls love the bad-looking tattooed boys.

Mariah Irvin said...

My family went to the faire on Saturday without me.

*Sadness*

Fox Lee said...

What kind of tattoo does the lad want?

Laura Eno said...

I'm soooo glad my children are grown...:)

Jamie Eyberg said...

My 4 yr old nephew, I am pretty sure, goes to school tattooed and fully clothed each day. Have fun explaining the lack of clothing to the teacher. I would like to see that conversation.

Kelly Polark said...

Ahhh, the renn faire. I have to take my kids soon. There's one about 45minutes away. And I want a henna tattoo!

Sherrie Petersen said...

Hilarious! Henna, the queen and your butt--only you could tie those three things together!

Anonymous said...

I can just imagine two-year-old loyalists running around your house. My son may not be a complete nudist, but I'm afraind when he goes to school next year he will insist on using the outdoor loo. Last week we were at a outlet mall where he was having a time out on one of the benches when all of the sudden I heard a suspicious sound and turned to find him peeing onto the rock garden. I have no doubt the school grounds may get the same treatment.

Ah kids... they keep you humble (or in a state of constant shame). I think the term self-respecting mother is an oxymoron!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, because your son needs ANY more help with the ladies.

Kelly H-Y said...

Hee, hee! This post made me laugh ... thank you!

storyqueen said...

Funniest mental picture I've had all day.

Shelley

Jessie Oliveros said...

Love the Renaissance Festival! Especially the turkey legs and the past-their-prime men in way-too-tight pants that come up and talk to me with a British accent. Why is it always the English Renaissance by the way? I'm glad your twins are loyalists.

PJ Hoover said...

Renn Faires shoud be introduced very young. Good for you!

Unknown said...

i didn't know you had identical twins. left and right are perfect names!

Keri Mikulski said...

LOL. Sounds like fun. :)