Thursday, September 17, 2009

Things That Make Me Snarf - Buffy and the Fanny of Darkness

Math by Carrie:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer = awesome
Buffy plus Whose Line Is It Anyway? = priceless



And the moral of this story is to beware the fanny of darkness. Not to mention the coccyx of darkness, the earlobe of darkness, and the dreaded duodenum of darkness.

This made me think of a Twitter conversation I had the other day. I hang with the kewl Tweeps: Kiersten, Stephanie, and Natalie. And Natalie says something along the lines of, "It's like being at the cool kids' table. Kiersten is the brains. Stephanie is the heart, and Carrie is the funny bone. What am I?"

At first, I said she should be the ninja, because her book Relax, I'm a Ninja is made of awesome. (I've read it, and you haven't. Neiner neiner neiner.) And then Kiersten pointed out that we're all supposed to be body parts. I didn't tell her that I consider ninjas to be a vital part of the human anatomy.

After all, I have a black belt. It just happens to be attached to my husband.

So then, I suggested that she should be the nose hairs, but Kiersten is nice (and brainy [which makes her really popular with all the zombies]) so we ended up making her the elbow, because it is both beautiful and deadly. Yeah, I said elbows are beautiful. Out of all the wacky things I say, are you really going to pick on that? But now, we are lacking in nose hairs. And a coccyx. Earlobes. A duodenum.

So does anyone want to apply for any of these positions? I will take applications and discuss them with the Brains, Heart, and Elbow-Nose-Hair-Ninja.

Something tells me that I'm about to be dubbed the Funny-Bone-Butt-Zombie.

19 comments:

Sherrie Petersen said...

I have a thing for earlobes :)

CKHB said...

I would like to be the sarcastically-cocked eyebrow(s), please.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

So that's what the nose hairs comment was about on Twitter. I was wondering...

MeganRebekah said...

I'd settle for being a toenail. Maybe even a sweat gland on the armpit

storyqueen said...

Ah, you twittering people! Yes, you are the cool kids table. And I'm the old lunch lady telling you to break it up and stop having so much fun as I slop some rancid looking meatloaf on you tray....which would make me the.....ulcer?

Shelley

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

so, that was absoluletly hilarious. I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard over youtube.

I'm friendless on Twitter,so you can join my group and be whatever body part you want to be!

Kelly Polark said...

I'll take the lips (with red lipstick) please. But I want to be at the cool kids table with you all that I'll settle for the armpit.

Jamie Eyberg said...

stray ear hairs are truly evil.

Scillius Maximus said...

Okay. I laughed out loud at this one.

Mostly because I can now envision the scene in some book where the protagonists come around the corner and they find an old man with walker going:

"Ware! Ware the Fanny of Darkness!!"

"And stay away from the haunted amusement park!"

Natalie Whipple said...

Man, I loved Who's Line back in the day. That was brilliant.

So, I have nose hairs on my elbow now? Interesting...

Stephanie McGee said...

Whose Line was hilarious back in the day.

oh, the random memories flooding through my brain now.

I rather like my earlobes. And my eyelashes.

Just saying...


word verif: fugazoor. It sounds like something Buzz Lightyear would say as his voice technology began to wear out.

Cate Gardner said...

God, I haven't seen 'Who's Line is it Anyway?' in years... I'd be the butt waiting for something to kick it... Okay, that sounded fine in my head.

Fox Lee said...

Assbone of darkness!

Alan W. Davidson said...

LOL, I always loved Colin and Ryan when they did skits together.

Anonymous said...

*falls over laughing* OMG that was just..amazing. I'd apply for the Earlobes but I think I died from laughter...

Aaron Polson said...

Ah...Colin and Ryan. My wife remained calm during our first childbirth by watching Whose Line...

K.C. Shaw said...

What do you call that little space between where the collarbones don't quite meet? I bet it's vital. I could be that, if it has a name.

Mariah Irvin said...

I've just realized there isn't a spine! What's going to keep you all glued together?

Luckily, I volunteer.

Larissa said...

Would you like a big toe?

Whose Line is awesome!