Friday, September 18, 2009

Zombie Sheep, Halloween Costumes, and My Pimpability

It's time for more answers to your most pressing questions! Because I'm all about performing essential services for my blog readers.

No, I will not mow your lawn. But I will send some zombie sheep your way to eat the grass. Just make sure you're not standing on it at the time, because I am not responsible for what will happen.

By the way, can I just interrupt myself to say that I find this hilarious?


I think it's the brainchild of Carrie Ryan; correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, answers.

Empress Awesome wants to know if she can interview me when my book comes out.

Let me put it to you this way. This is me:



(Let me know if the comic isn't working, will ya? It went all wonky on me this morning. Evidently, comics and pimpability don't mix.)

(Update part deux: For some reason, the bleeping comic won't bleeping work for some people. If you can't see it, I want you to close your eyes and pretend that you see a cartoon of me in all my clashing, yellow-shirted, purple-shorted glory, holding a sign that says, "Pimpable." Because when it comes to interviews, I am.)

As we get closer to my yet-to-be-determined pub date, of course I'll be available for interviews, guest blog posts, stuff like that. Richard will be too. And really, who could resist a guest blog post from Richard Simmons?

(Disclaimer: It's not the real Richard Simmons. Really.)

Barb says that she's planning to be Medusa for Halloween. She's got the rubber snake hairdo all set, but she wants to know what I think Medusa would have worn.

Now, this is my area of expertise. For those of you who weren't around last year, I love Halloween. I ADORE Halloween. I constantly come up with costume ideas like the tooth finja (tooth fairy/ninja extraordinare). I love Halloween so much that I refused to let my first child be born on any other day.

I'm that dedicated.

So I am your go-to person for Halloween dilemmas. And I can answer this with one brain tied behind my back.

Medusa would clearly wear this:


You thought it was going to be sparkly Richard Simmons shorts, didn't you? But no, I am all about keeping you on your toes. And everyone knows that Medusa had a secret watermelon fetish.

18 comments:

Mariah Irvin said...

I think I remember you using the Katy Perry picture for a lolzombie, so that would be the perfect costume for you.

Jamie Eyberg said...

I missed the comic, will come back later.

Aaron Polson said...

Zombicorns? Every mythical creature should have a zombie counterpart.

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Excuse me, but you made a big mistake, zombiecorn is actually the black looking rotted corn that zombies like to eat at zombie picnics. A unicorn zombie would be a unizombie. Sheesh get it right, Ms. Expert Zombie Lady!

For Halloween, I am going to be a zombie. And it is a cheap costume. All I have to do is stay up all night, eat lots of food covered with tabasco and jalapenos and viola - instand zombie. I'll even be able to puke on little kids on command. What's not to love?

Lisa Aldin said...

I couldn't see the comic but that may just be my computer.

K.C. Shaw said...

The Zombiecorn is awesomeness personified! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Couldn't see the comic. Did you notice the look in Katy Perry's eyes. I think that is a requirement of the Medusa costume as well. Super scary!

Andrea Cremer said...

Hi Carrie,

Just jumped over from Kiersten White's blog. Belated congrats on your book deal, it sounds fantastic!

Carrie Harris said...

Mariah: Yeah, I did use it before. But I love that picture. I really want an outfit like that. I'll wear it to camp. ;)

Jamie: Don't get me started on the bleeping comic.

Aaron: Don't you think? Because really, I cannot live in a world without a zombie tooth fairy.

Ello: I am so glad that I read your comment AFTER lunch.

Lisa: Sorry. For some reason, Pixton is having trouble with this comic. So I added a little bit to the entry for those of you who can't see it.

KC: Isn't it? I want to print it out poster size and hang it on my wall!

Candice: Le sigh. So sorry. As I told Lisa, I think there's something wrong with it but don't know how to fix it.

Andrea: Thanks for the congrats and for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Halloween rocks--and that was one SCARY pic of Katy Perry.

Hehe, and the zombie-unicorn-thing, I have one better:

http://animoscrypt.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/zombie-kitty.jpg

*grins*

Fox Lee said...

Last night in the book store, I read a book about old weird comic books. One of them involved lesbian unicorns. It made me think of you : )

Cate Gardner said...

Zombicorn's for the win.

Kelly Polark said...

I was Medusa for Halloween once, I wore a long black robish dress. Lord knows I don't have the body to pull off the Katy Perry outfit!@

Unknown said...

sorry, i already got my halloween outfit locked down! its going to be wonderous and magical. even though my roommate keeps trying to talk me out of it by saying how no one will know who i am. i'll know!!!

my word verification is rottiess. i find this interesting, as it is close to a lovable dog breed, and it could become new slang for zombies. hey see those rotties over there? those rotties are eatin someones head. can totally work.

Unknown said...

Hi Carrie :)
Thanks for another terrific post.
I think your interview will go great.
I'm looking forward to reading it.
Love & Best Wishes,
@RKCharron
xoxo

Laura Eno said...

I love the Zombiecorn! I could see the cartoon too. Pill Hill Press just published the final list for Shadows and Light in the Editor Unleashed forum. I feel honored to share pages with the Zombie Queen!

Barb said...

I Have been away to the Shetland Islands so I only just saw this post. Thank you very much! I will let you know how I get on in the costume!

AK said...

Hi Carrie

It's always a delight to find people amused by my zombiecorn interpretation.

And yes, that really exists in ZombieKid Dreams.

Cheers
Ajay Karat

http://devilsgarage.com/blog/2009/04/unicorn-dead-zombicorn_20.html