Monday, September 14, 2009

Dr. Pepper, Hats, and of course, Zombies

Okay, this is too funny to pass up. Have you ever wondered what stormtroopers do on their day off? Now you know.

On to more answers. If you haven't figured it out, I'm answering in no particular order. Actually, that's a lie. I'm answering in the order that I think of things that are hopefully at least a little amusing.

Kelly wants to know my beverage of choice. That's so easy that I'm going to answer it in haiku.
Oh, Diet Pepper
Your soothing effervescence
Makes my nose tingle

And now I'm thirsty.

MeganRebekah got a very strange search term on her blog recently, and she wants translation help. The search term is "mimic sentinel what does it mean when they hold hands in the end." Well, Megan, you're asking the right person, because I am a big geek, and I happen to know that Mimic: Sentinel is a movie. As for what it means when they hold hands in the end?

It means that the world is about to be taken over by zombies dressed up like Richard Simmons. Duh. Everyone knows that.

Alan and Aaron decided to double-team me and asked a question about party headgear. If you've ever wondered what kind of hats Slayer and I would wear to a fancy, swimming, surprise party, whatever the bleep that is, now you know.

15 comments:

K.C. Shaw said...

Diet Dr. Pepper, bleah! Even regular Dr. Pepper, bleah!

Better not invite me over. Apparently I was raised in a barn. A barn without Dr. Pepper, and we liked it that way!

MeganRebekah said...

Mmmm, Diet Dr. Pepper.... now I need to dig out some quarters and hit up the vending machine.

LOL! I figured Mimic Sentinel was a show or movie, but was too lazy to google it myself (and what would have been the point, since apparently the question just leads back to my blog). TOo bad I've been missing out on the Simmons zombies! :)

Jamie Eyberg said...

Ann is a fan of the DP, I prefer stale water if given the choice.

Laura Eno said...

I really like the hats. I'm assuming they are for sale somewhere in the 'defense against Zombies' wear dept?

Alan W. Davidson said...

LOL...I like Slayer's mask. He's just a red cape and a pair of tights away from being "Robin."

Eileen Astels Watson said...

I didn't know that was a movie either. I think I could have guessed what reason you'd find?!? LOL

storyqueen said...

Okay, now I am totally in love with little plastic stormtroopers......is that wrong? I mean, I know we have no future together but.....le sigh....so adorable.

Shelley

Kelly Polark said...

Oh, what a refreshing haiku!
Those stormtrooper pics are SO funny! I might have to borrow that idea and do some photography too!

Scillius Maximus said...

Hmm. Two observations about Slayer in this comic.

One is that I'm sure he's happy about the green belt.

And the other is probably not so happy about the receding hair line.

CKHB said...

Please tell me that you've already seen Troops.

Tabitha said...

Thanks for sharing the stormtrooper pics. My sides were hurting from laughing so hard. :)

And I like your choice of hats. Fashionable, yet deadly. :)

Carrie Harris said...

KC: We can still invite you over. It's not like we force DP down your throat within 10 feet of the door. It's more like 20 feet.

MeganRebekah: See, it's better that you didn't Google it, because now I feel smart. Thank you for that valuable service. ;)

Jamie: Yes, but you're weird.

Laura: Actually, you've given me a great idea for a store...

Alan: Snarf. The website has very limited options when it comes to, well, anything. They didn't have any actual HATS, hence the comic strip.

Eileen: SNARF. Yeah, you could probably guess.

Storyqueen: We have some at our house. I like to have breakdancing parties with them. And no, I'm not kidding.

Kelly: That would be SOOO awesome. I want to see them if you do it!

Scillius: Well, my choices were the green belt or no belt, in which case he ends up with hips like a girl. And then he could have the receeding hairline, or an afro. So gimme a break.

CKHB: I hadn't. Diet Dr. Pepper just came out my nose. Thank you for that. ;)

Tabitha: So glad you found it as funny as I did.

Mariah Irvin said...

Love the cartoon! I've been on pixton constantly ever since your last post...it's addicting!

Fox Lee said...

Cartoon you certainly has a stately rack! : )

Barry Napier said...

Dr. Pepper is far too good to be ONLY a soft drink. I swear that has to be SOME narcotic properties to it...