Monday, September 21, 2009

Things That Make Me Snarf - Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters

Really, this is how Austen ought to be. (Obligatory warning: If this was in the theater, it would probably be PG-13. Please don't give the kiddies nightmares about giant octopi.)



Now, you've probably all noticed the trend toward updating classics with supernatural elements. There's the infamous Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Two new deals from Publishers Weekly are Emma and the Vampires and Wuthering Bites. (So awesome.)

There's just one problem with this. Eventually, we will run low on the traditional supernatural creatures. I predict that in about 10 years, we will see Jane Eyre and the Cannibalistic Injury Lawyers. Not to mention the House of Mirthy Richard Simmons Zombies. The saddest part about all of this is that I would probably read both of those books.

Oh, and I'm making Richard Simmons zombies for a giveaway. No, seriously.

17 comments:

Mariah Irvin said...

Richard Simmons zombies? My curiosity is piqued.

Jamie Eyberg said...

I keep waiting for them to re-write Dracula or perhaps Frankenstein to make them normal and see if it still works. "Darnit, Igor. He is still dead. Get those lightening rods up a little higher." "I'm trying, but the stench of this rotting corpse is grossing me out. It follows me everywhere."

Aaron Polson said...

Oh yes! I've always wanted a Richard Simmons Zombie!

Are they plush? Made of fondant?

K.C. Shaw said...

I thought Jane Eyre already had cannibalistic injury lawyers.

Of course, it's been a while since I read it.

Alan W. Davidson said...

That was great...I loved the thespians (and the octopus, of course).

Empress Awesome said...

That was about as entertaining as a SciFi (oh my bad-- SyFy) channel movie... which is not necessary a good thing, but definitely funny.

Cate Gardner said...

Wuthering Bites - really? I don't know if I find that awesome or just plain weird.

PJ Hoover said...

This trailer looks pretty darned good, I have to say :)

CKHB said...

I tell you, I never understood why anyone liked P&P until I read P&P&Zombies. Now I get what all the fuss is about!

Susan R. Mills said...

Seriously? Can't wait to see them.

Fox Lee said...

*LOL* Take that, classic literature!

Sherrie Petersen said...

Okay, my son and I could not stop laughing at that trailer! They should seriously make a movie, too :)

Kelly Polark said...

Are you making Richard Simmons zombie cookies?!
The trailer was awesome!

Tabitha said...

LOL!! Now I have to clean the tea off my computer. :)

We must be sharing a brain wave, because I just scheduled my review of PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES for thursday, and had already included a link to your blog before I saw this post. :)

storyqueen said...

Just when you thought Carrie's blog could not get any weireder.......

Danyelle L. said...

*grin*

Can't wait to see what the zombies look like. :D (Wickham got what he deserved. >:))

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

Simply hilarious!

PS. I will say, take it serious not to let your kids watch! My 3-year-old joined me for the last segment and I had no idea what was coming and his eyes got huge. He cried, "His arm broke! His arm broke!" I couldn't stop laughing but I wish I could keep him from having seen that!