Monday, August 15, 2011

Carrie's Weekend in Pictures

This weekend was sooooo much fun. On Friday night, my in-laws took the kids, so Slayer and I went out to dinner and walked around downtown Ann Arbor. We went to some art galleries and the comic book store (where we saw a picture of Princess Leia with some serious 5 o'clock stubble), and then....THEN...

We saw a violin playing werewolf.

I stopped my maniacal giggling long enough to get pictoral proof.

Eat your heart out, Teen Wolf. This guy has mad violin skilz.


On Saturday, I worked on my books. Which means I read out loud to myself a lot and did some research.

Words, get thee in my head!


I should probably note that the exorcism book is left over from a book I wrote a long time ago and not a sekrit hint at what I'm working on now. Although it makes me think of POSSESS by Gretchen McNeil. You HAVE ordered it, right? Get POSSESSed, people! Vade retro satana! *shakes possess pompoms* *wonders what possess pompoms would look like* *wants some*

And yesterday, we took the kids to the circus, which reminded me about that circus related book idea I have, and THAT'S THE LAST THING I NEED. The book idea fairies need to stay the heck out of my room! You hear that, you BIFs?!?!

While I'm chasing fairies, please enjoy this blurry photo of an elephant with children on top. Which is kinda like a sundae with a cherry on top only...not.


What did you do this weekend?

7 comments:

Giles Hash said...

I've never seen a violin-playing werewolf before. The only thing Denver has to offer is a weird dude with an afro pretending to be a robot. Not nearly as cool.

Katie Anderson said...

Oh my goodness, you are too cute!

Marsha Sigman said...

LOL. What a great weekend.

We shopped. Worked on editing rough draft. Went to waterpark to combat heatstroke. Napped. The end.

Awesome weekend.

Beth S. said...

OMG Carrie! That violin playing werewolf is AWESOME! I wish I had been walking around Ann Arbor on Friday. If my husband were home instead of in Germany for a month, we probably would have been since Friday night is our date night and we often go to A2 for dinner. Darn it all! I hope he wasn't just a one-hit wonder. What sort of music was he playing? Paganini or Charlie Daniels?

Too bad you weren't wearing a tin foil hat in that pic with him. ;)

Anonymous said...

I hope those aren't your children on the elephant (I can't tell from the pic), because I'm picturing a Simpsons-like scene wherein the elephant grabs them with his trunk, one at a time, and eats them like peanuts, completely nonchalantly.

Yes, that was all one sentence. I are gud at grammEr.

Vikki said...

That. Is. Awesome. That's why I love Ann Arbor. Random weird things...and Zingermans! What more could one want? :)

Carrie Harris said...

Giles: Know what would be AWESOME? If the werewolf and the frobot got together and did a show. I'm also really into the term "frobot."

Katie: Aaaaaaa! HOW ARE YOU?!?!

Marsha: Mmmmm. Waterpark. Waterparks are la awesome.

Beth: Wouldn't it have been funny if we'd run into each other at the werewolf?!?

Anny: Those are my children (among others) on the elephant, damnit. ;)