Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Inevitable

So you know how I've blogged every weekday, excepting a few holidays and sick days, for the last THREE FRACKING YEARS?!? Well, this is my 702th post, and that means I've written about three-and-a-half books worth. That's a LOT.

In all honesty, I'm getting a little burnt out. I will absolutely continue to blog, because I love it and I love YOU, but it's probably not going to be every day. But never fear, because I will be using the time to do OTHER things that you will hopefully enjoy.

I will be tweeting, probably more than is good for me.

I will be responding to your comments. I was drowning there for a while, and I didn't comment back to you, which is really suckish. I'm sorry!!! One of the reasons I got into this was so I could talk with you, not at you, and some of my closest friends are from blogville. I hope that with fewer posts to cover, we'll actually be able to talk again.

I will be vlogging. I have a sekrit vlog project in the planning stages right now, and I hope to be able to tell you more soon.

And I will be writing some extras. I got a lot of messages with sad faces in them when I announced that BAD HAIR DAY won't be out until November. (Although this means you can buy it for people AND WRAP IT, which is awesome.) It IS a long time to wait, so I'll be writing some new shorts and posting some deleted scenes and things. My goal is to get you something new each month--we'll see if I make it.

So please don't panic if you stop by and see that I haven't posted that day. I have NOT been devoured by zombies. Or if I have, it's been in the name of vlogging, and that's okay.

6 comments:

Giles Hash said...

A couple of months ago (maybe a year?) I made a similar decision, but for completely different reasons. I wanted to blog regularly, but I ran out of things to say. So instead of five posts a week, I'm writing three. And I'm finding it a lot easier to say something meaningful in those posts.

It's easy to get burned out blogging, though. I don't blame you, and I wish you luck in your other endeavors! :D

Bookish Brunette said...

Uuum your video blogs = EPIC WIN. I'm good with video blogs!!! ;)

Jennie Bennett said...

That is a ton of blog posts! I'm totally fine with you cutting back because then I can visit more often. :) Cheers!

Carrie Harris said...

Giles: It's pretty rare that I say something meaningful, but otherwise I understand what you mean! There's nothing wrong with choosing quality over quantity!

Bookish Brunette: You're such a doll. Srsly.

JA Bennett: YAY! It all works out! *dances and throws sparkles*

Marsha Sigman said...

Totally understand! I'm down to three days a week myself just so I have time to read everyone else's blogs!

Carrie Harris said...

Marsha: EXACTLY! I miss blog reading. I'm hoping to get to that too, although I'm looking at the list of things that I intend to do and the amount of time I'm going to save, and I'm thinking maybe I'm being a little overzealous! ;)